Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Really hope he leaves. One of those players it's just painful to watch - either because he's constantly getting himself injured or because he looks like he's quite literally about to **** himself whenever he's on the ball.

I think Nathan is a solid squad player who, with a bit of maturity, could be a great asset to the club. Look at how much Ciaran Clark has developed over the past 12-18 months.

If we were buying him for a couple of million I'd think it was good business. Unless a replacement is lined up, selling Baker for a small fee would be very a bad move imho.

• Like 3

Has the perfect physicality to be a brilliant centre back but he clearly has no brain. He'll be great in the Championship, I'm sure. I've never rated him and I'd be glad to see us get rid as long as we get a really good senior centre back this window.

Season before last I remember thinking he was the worst defender I'd ever seen in the premier league. Can't remember much of anything about him regarding last season so I assume he was somewhat better when he did play.

I'd be fine if we sold him. Clark and Okore are my main two guys.

I think he is a decent player with a big heart who can have a solid game but make a big error, like a better version of Ridgewell

A tackle on Suarez a couple of seasons ago summer him up for me, was having a good game and he made a clumsy tackle and cost us the game

You can't see the issue 'summing up' a player's abilities by focusing on a memorable mistake he made when he was 19 or 20?

Yes, he's made some horrific mistakes in the past, but your vision of a player's qualities allows no room for players to improve on their worst moments. He's a lot better player than he was two years ago. He's still 3 or 4 years away from his prime, which is why he has a lot of upside. 

We are already light at Center Back, allowing him to leave before a replacement is signed would be foolish IMO, given we are already a man down with Vlaar.

can't believe that most want him sold....

to me a centre back unit of clark, Richards, okore, baker is exactly what we need - all young, aggressive and coming into their prime...

watched the u21 game against forest green on avtv , and it looked like a one-man baker show to me....

I agree that he has had a lot of injuries, but in my mind, he is coming through say 2 years behind Ciaran and two years ago, most of us would have gotten rid of Ciaran...

he's the right shape, brave and athletic...

I see no need to sell him at this point and think he will have an important part to play for us at some stage this season...

• Like 1

We've spent all this time developing him and he's pretty much ready now, would be a massive waste to sell.[/quote

Yeah, like i said before unless we have a specific target lined up, I doubt we would find a better value prospect/backup. Can't think of a non-starting CB from the premier league outside big teams I would rather as our deputy.

I'd rather we just bought someone who was good enough to start, someone who could compete with Clark, Okore and Richards and really push them to raise their game.

All this 'squad player' stuff is just nonsense IMO, because at the moment if we got a couple of injuries or suspensions than Baker is automatically in the starting 11.   

Either you good enough or you not, and Baker IMO isn't.

Clark had an excellent season and should be first choice. Baker has improved too but is expendable given the right circumstances. He will probably never be first choice here so maybe, for his own good, he should move somewhere he will be.

Â