Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Dont blame the player at all, he has gone from starting to possibly 2nd choice behind 2 players whi will do well to play 30 games a season and may only be here for a season.

Good luck to him.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Are you really OK going into a 46 game season with Terry and Samba as 2 of the 3 centre backs (one of which will always play), from a fitness/injury point of view?

I think it far more likely that made of glass Baker would miss a substantial part of the season than Terry to be fair. 

There will inevitably be a price to be paid for keeping Amavi. This may be part of it. 

This is the problem with a sell to buy policy. You can't always choose who you sell. My guess is that a bid has come in for Baker - and Bruce thinks he can plug the whole with Samba for next to nothing - and pocket the £1.5m for the club.

Maybe - but not the actions of a club with ambitions to be the 3rd best in the World. 

It's a real testament to the player that at one point or another, us fans have called for almost every player in the villa squad to be sold in the last 12 months, but you'll be hard pressed to find someone who wanted Baker gone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Has Flint been sold yet?

Unless it's some sort of swap I have no idea what the point of this is.

Or we must have some Defensive prodigy coming in on a fraction of the wages.

Otherwise I will begin to see the destructive signs of the "QPR route". (Perhaps an exaggeration) but we better have something to make up for this.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Don't calm down folks.. Baker is on the way out.

Terry & Chester as main

Samba and Richards as subs.

A very real danger of Richards finding his way onto the pitch now.

How I see it

Edited by skarroki

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Having your main DM as back up for CB is asking for trouble IMO. 

I think Bruce alluded to converting Jedi last season to CD, saying it will prolong his career. That combined with the purchase of Whelan suggests to me that back up CD will be Jedi's role next season.

On Baker, it is a shame he is leaving, probably not good enough for where we want to go, but would have preffered Richards to leave first.

Can I ask how he can be undertaking a medical if no fee has been agreed? If Bristol City offer 1m and we want 3m what would be the point of doing the medical? Surely a fee needs to be agreed before he does the medical? 

It's done!

Nathan Baker has joined Bristol City for an undisclosed fee.

BakerLeavingMainWeb.ashx?h=720&la=en&mw=

The defender has signed a four-year deal and returns to Ashton Gate on a permanent deal having made 38 appearances in a loan spell with the Robins during the 2015/16 campaign.

A graduate of the youth academy at Villa Park, Baker made 122 appearances for the claret and blues after making his debut in January 2011 and scored his only goal for the club last term in the 1-1 draw at Brighton.

Everyone at Aston Villa would like to wish Nathan the best of luck for the future.

He's gone! That was a bit of a shock, and I'm a little disappointed to be honest. Always gave 100%... but ability wise he's shown sparks of brilliance, and a lot of fairly mediocre stuff especially at PL level.

Good luck Bakes, all the best. 

Â