Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

7 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Didnt Bruce say he saw Baker as a back up LB if/when Amavi and Cissokho are gone? Who's the back up there now then?

Both still there, so cross that bridge when it comes.

54 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Massive shame, was very good last season. Would much rather Richards did one.

I'm sure 100% of us agree with this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I like the lad in as much as he has a good attitude.....I too think he has hit his level and its clear at times the errors he has in him.

I also think we have gone down and down in increments as we have signed players over the last umpteen years that has landed us where we are......I think we are now growing slowly in increments and the other CB's are more rounded than Baker in their overall game.

He has a great heart, but lacks in positional sense that sometimes gets him hurt in recovering.

I think it is a sensible move for all concerned and opens the way for that growth in quality we need to get back, when we replace the older ones.

100%

I find it funny people saying Samba and Terry don't have the legs for a full season. Baker certainly hasn't the head for a full season. He is injured every third game. He appears to be made of lego. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, limvillian said:

I find it funny people saying Samba and Terry don't have the legs for a full season. Baker certainly hasn't the head for a full season. He is injured every third game. He appears to be made of lego. 

Wouldn't say Lego, just probably makes tackles that most players don't. Is it cause he is extremely brave or bad positionally?  Maybe bit both

1 minute ago, limvillian said:

But one doesn't exclude the other.

Terry played 13 games last season-

Samba has played a total of about 50 games in the last 4.5 years

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Wouldn't say Lego, just probably makes tackles that most players don't. Is it cause he is extremely brave or bad positionally?  Maybe bit both

I would say both yes. Definitely hurts himself trying to recover too often. Maybe a little harsh on him with the Lego comment. I like him he gives his all but I really think his level is around 3rd-4th choice CD for us so if he wants to leave for first team football who are the club to stop him really. 

Edited by limvillian
  • Like 1

Just when I was happy with our defensive options......

Bit of a weird one.

Ive said many times in this thread I like Baker. But like others have said if it's come from him because he wants first team football who are we to stand in his way if we can't guarantee it?

He probably just wants first team football at his age and we've not only brought in 2 CB's but SB has gone on record that he can see Jedinak playing as one as well.

It's  a shame to lose one of our own but I wish him well if he wants to leave for footballing reasons.  

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Ive just never rated the guy. He tries hard and he is committed, that's all I can really give him.

I think he's adequate back up for this level. Now I am worried that we are relying on Samba and Terry to be fit for 40 plus games to get us through this season. 

I think we have a strong defensive central group in all fairness.

Terry, Samba, Chester & Lego Legs plus maybe even Alex Bruce (you just know it).

We have to keep in mind though, The league itself poses alot of games and who knows we may be even planning a cup run too?

If anything we need to bolt down full back positions now.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Good luck to him, but I suppose, we'd only be looking to replace him if we got promoted anyway and he's not first choice as it is. Do like him, though and glad he got given a chance at least for us.

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I think he's adequate back up for this level. Now I am worried that we are relying on Samba and Terry to be fit for 40 plus games to get us through this season. 

40 games between them ? That's not to many to be fair. 

Â