Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Interesting.. I dont think strength was ever an issue for us. His jinkyness usually kept tacklers at bay and it is pace of the mark that set him apart often leaving his man for dead.

Dont think adding upper body mass will help that if anything it will hinder it.

His issue is converting/getting into more goalscoring opportunities and turning his good runs into chances. That is all in the head and no amount of gym time will help.

He might get better in that area through playing with better players or he might not as we wont be getting in the team through playing with better players.

He seemed to have been getting into plenty of goal scoring positions against us in his 5 mins of game time, the word removed. Could have had 2 goals which is 2/3 of what he managed in his entire career with us :lol:

• Like 1

It's pantomime season coming up and Delph makes a perfect villain  (not Villan I hasten to add). I'll happily boo the crap out of him because it is part of the spectical and farce that football has become.  Otherwise meh. He is a symptom of the modern game an employee of a franchise moving to another. I'm thinking of taking up supporting Tesco and cheering when the stock goes up or going mental when my favourite cashier gets a better job at waitros. 

It's pantomime season coming up and Delph makes a perfect villain  (not Villan I hasten to add). I'll happily boo the crap out of him because it is part of the spectical and farce that football has become.  Otherwise meh. He is a symptom of the modern game an employee of a franchise moving to another. I'm thinking of taking up supporting Tesco and cheering when the stock goes up or going mental when my favourite cashier gets a better job at waitros. 

Good luck with that share price... you just picked the supermarket equivalent of Villa!

• Like 2

I realise it's just me, and if it helps, I feel a bit bad about it, but I quite like him - I think he was foolish in the way he left, but I think when he said he wanted to stay he meant it - I think he liked it here, but in the end the chance to play with one of the worlds richest (and therefore biggest) teams was too much. He was a bit daft, spoke a bit too soon and made himself look a tit, but I don't bear him any real malice.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Footballer showing theres no loyalty in football...shock. He didnt abuse me personally or anyone else so i think insults are incredibly uncalled for. I dont really get those who got angry over this. Redic tough decision to make. I just found it funny more than negative emotions towards him. Just seems a weird thing to get annoyed/angry about

Its just the tribal nature of football really.  You're either with us or you're not.  He said he was and then went back on it a week later.  The tribe doesn't like that :D

Sentenced to death by boos! 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Straggler said:

I wouldn't bother supporting Tesco, they're only a few places above us and the football is awful to watch.

His passing isn't good enough at the highest level. Even in his good spells for us he'd still give it away so cheaply on occasions, Westwood is more reliable at passing even if he's very limited in other aspects.

England will do nothing if he's a regular starter next summer.

On 11/17/2015, 8:59:49, mikeyp102 said:

Deli Ali could force delph out of the England setup. Obviously early days, but he has the drive from midfield that delph has but so far looks to have more end product

Don't be silly. Delph has an infinite ticket to the England squad just as long as he is sitting on Man Citeh's bench. :P

Saying that though if Ali keeps it up he'll probably replace him next season on Citeh's bench.

3 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

That's not what I'm angry about and I don't think it's what most people with a brain are angry about.

Absolutely.

Nobody is angry that he left. If he'd kept his mouth shut and gone to Man City then it would actually be a good thing. He could have left for free but instead he got us £8 million.

People are angry because he lied about it.

• Like 3

Â