Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

If he's fit for the Villa match at VP, I hope people hiss instead of boo when he has the ball, it would be fantastic. Booing is kind of boring anyway. Hissing will be epic. Spread the word...

• Like 1

I have actually never disliked a former Villa player as much as I do as Delph. What Downing did was pretty terrible, but he at least didn't spout bull shit then turn go back on his word. I do believe this is karma for his actions. If he has a minor tear, he could be out for at least a month and honestly that's all it takes for him to permanently lose his spot with City and England. 

Fernando, Toure, Fernandinho, and De Bruyne All have to be ahead of him.

Downing most definitely went back on his word. If you remember he said that he wanted to repay the faith we'd put in him when we bought him while he was injured and he said he wasn't going to move even if we were relegated. 

I think what's more infuriating about Delph is that he did it twice, once just after he said he would stay and that unlike Downing, he was a real fan favourite who felt like he loved the club. 

• Like 1

It's going to be quite an atmosphere when he comes to vp.  Normally in these situations there is a split between those who clap and those who boo..........it's going to be quite conclusive this time.

Im actually excited about it tbh!

I like Stan Collymore but his tweet is a bit pathetic imo. I'm all for a bit of banter but I'm not sure fellow professionsls/pundits should be publicly mocking players injuries.

About time everyone moved on and realised he's a shed load richer and a premiership title winner in the making.

So what if   changed his mind. People do. We're not missing him so far and he's not missing us either.

Is it the same hamstring? The best thing about Delph's game was his burst of pace, Michael Owen had hamstring injuries and he went downhill and it effectivley was the downfall of his career.

I hope that doesn't happen to Delph :D

I like Stan Collymore but his tweet is a bit pathetic imo. I'm all for a bit of banter but I'm not sure fellow professionsls/pundits should be publicly mocking players injuries.

About time everyone moved on and realised he's a shed load richer and a premiership title winner in the making.

So what if   changed his mind. People do. We're not missing him so far and he's not missing us either.

Correction, a premiership title winning benchwarmer.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/9984048/england-euro-2016-squad-rob-lee-predicts-wholl-be-on-plane-to-france

The snake shouldn't be on the plane according to rob lee

Missing out: Andros Townsend, Fabian Delph, Jonjo Shelvey, Adam Lallana, Ryan Mason, Ashley Young, Jack Grealish, Jordon Ibe and Dele Alli.

Edited by AshVilla

Correction, a premiership title winning benchwarmer.

Correction: Premier League ;)

• Like 2

Is it the same hamstring? The best thing about Delph's game was his burst of pace, Michael Owen had hamstring injuries and he went downhill and it effectivley was the downfall of his career.

I hope that doesn't happen to Delph :D

Yes it is, shame ain't it.

"About time everyone moved on and realised he's a shed load richer and a premiership title winner in the making. So what if   changed his mind."

OK about ex players posting on Twitter etc., but I don’t think people should just forgive and forget and move on because he’s richer – he was bloody rich anyway and he is only richer now because he completely f**ked us over with no compunction!   Sorry, the end does not justify the means in this case and he deserves the stick he gets – most of which he won’t see or care about anyway, but what the hell, it makes us feel better.  I don’t wish the guy any real harm, I just hope he spends most of his time on their bench watching ‘premiership title winners in the making" play.  Apart from when comes to VP that is....SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 1

Â