Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Everything we predicted for him at Man City has basically happened thus far.

What a brilliant career move.

Not yet it hasn't.. He got there and one of his first games got injured and is only just coming back to fitness.... Now I don't believe he is good enough to be starting for them but he may. It's far too early to say it's a bad career move. He is still after all getting picked in the England squad.

If he gets himself a premier league winners medal at the end of the season I don't think he will consider the move a mistake. 

He'll probably just about sneak it. But it's going to be a struggle - Silva will be back after the international break, which means Fernando is dropped, YYT drops back into the double pivot, and then he's probably behind Fernando in the pecking order for coming on. He's pretty far down their depth chart, which was always likely to be the case. 

I didn't realise it was him that rolled that effort just past the post at the end of the game. If he had scored that I things would have turned pretty ugly.

He was the one who would have comfortably nodded in at the far post if Guzan hadn't tipped that cross away in the last minute too.

• Like 1

He seems to have that dickheadish arrogance of a successful sportsman. It doesn't seem to affected him too much and he's defiant about the abuse. Fair play to him.

It's all part of the pantomime, he will get horrific abuse every time he plays against us or comes to VP. Time won't heal this one.

I love it, partly because he's really not that good and because it adds a bit of spice to a fixture that we are expected to lose. I mean he's good and we haven't replaced him, but we can and will in time. We won't replace Benteke on the other hand unless we're lucky or willing to spend an absolute fortune.

It's amazing really, Benteke and Milner went with my blessing and I still love watching them play. They gave the club plenty and despite their ambition didn't behave like complete bell ends to get their moves. It was clear they had outgrown the club.

Delph is a snake. An average snake. I'd be happy to see him slither off injured again.

• Like 1

Delph spent the entirety of his brief minutes on the pitch bursting towards the 6 yard box trying to score and completely ignoring any sort of defensive work he might have been supposed to do. The word removed was desperate to score and slide on his knees towards the Holte End, and he would have done too.

Â