Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

The commentators still can't distinguish between Fernandinho, Fernando and Delph....Sky didn't call who rolled the ball past the post. MOTD said it was Delph who I thought it was originally. Sky cut to a clip of Fernandinho giving the impression it was him who took that shot. 

Fear of being racist and all that....why not just read the numbers on the players back? 

Delph coming on helped us far more than it did City, it got the crowd on its feet and vocal. It was a big mistake from Pellegrini and I think it may have cost them 2 points. 

Thanks Delph lol 

Yeah, astute point, Pellegrini probably felt Delph would be motivated to play well and put himself about, but it really had the opposite effect. Delph looked affected by the abuse he was getting and as you say, our lot got a lot more vocal.

Delph coming on helped us far more than it did City, it got the crowd on its feet and vocal. It was a big mistake from Pellegrini and I think it may have cost them 2 points. 

Thanks Delph lol 

Yeah, astute point, Pellegrini probably felt Delph would be motivated to play well and put himself about, but it really had the opposite effect. Delph looked affected by the abuse he was getting and as you say, our lot got a lot more vocal.

I think it did motivate him, unfortunately for City that meant he was hanging around the 6 yard box constantly trying to score and not helping the team.

• Like 1

i always thought barry was shit at VP when he got booed too

by my recollection delph had two touches of the ball in about 15 minutes, one break from his own half and the shot at the end

i was amazed at how city have spent all that money and yet still seem to have such limited options in midfield, im not going to say they're bad players because delph is decent enough, fernandinho has sussed the league out and doing well, fernando showing signs that he'll do the same, but they're all kind of similar, none of them are match winners or going to get more than 5 goals a season despite playing 30-40 games, strange tactic to have toure sat deeper than all of them too

He's a good player and in the grand scheme of things, probably not a total clearing in the woods. But the most noteworthy/memorable thing he ever did for us was the way he left. The winner in the semi final comes a distant second. 

There's a fair chance that in years to come, when (if) the name Fabian Delph is mentioned amongst football fans, the first thing that will be brought up is the U turn. It is unlikely it'll be his major involvement in a title winning side. I mean, I find myself defending Milner's contribution to city's success to my idiot mates, and for me, Delph is not, nor will he ever be, as good as Milner.

• Like 1

He's a good player and in the grand scheme of things, probably not a total clearing in the woods. But the most noteworthy/memorable thing he ever did for us was the way he left. The winner in the semi final comes a distant second. 

There's a fair chance that in years to come, when (if) the name Fabian Delph is mentioned amongst football fans, the first thing that will be brought up is the U turn. It is unlikely it'll be his major involvement in a title winning side. I mean, I find myself defending Milner's contribution to city's success to my idiot mates, and for me, Delph is not, nor will he ever be, as good as Milner.

Milner is unequivocally better than delph will ever be, the sad fact is Milner will only ever be a sub for England when he was such an integral part our centre midfield, delph by comparison is an England starter despite being a very average midfielder for us.

the only reason he is at city now is they needed homegrown players and delph, an England international available for just £8million was perfect for them to cherry pick. As I said (and probably so did many, many other villa fans) Delph is not a player who you pick to play in a league winning team, he doesn't do anything that well, tackling? Mostly led to yellow cards, goal scorer, 3 in 5 seasons wasn't it?

• Like 1

There are eight million little reasons why we need to have some semblance of gratitude to Fabian. Not one of us wouldve signed that contract given our predicament at the time. 

Yes he was a tosser about everything in the summer, but him signing that contract directly paid for one of Gana / Amavi / Ayew etc.

I dont wish him well, but nor do I wish him harm. "Meh" sums up my attitude towards him.

For me and I'd imagine quite a few others, there is no problem with Delph signing the contract or leaving to go to city. The fact that he is disliked is the fact that when city first bid in the summer he said he was staying and that this was his club. He then left pretty much immediately after that... That U turn is what sets him apart as a low life scum..

Thing is it doesn't even look he is fazed. Collymore (yes we all know he can be a cock but) was saying that when you play against you've old team you always feel a bit sheepish and your expression shows that, but to him Delph didn't look like he had a care in the world.. 

• Like 1

There are eight million little reasons why we need to have some semblance of gratitude to Fabian. Not one of us wouldve signed that contract given our predicament at the time. 

Yes he was a tosser about everything in the summer, but him signing that contract directly paid for one of Gana / Amavi / Ayew etc.

I dont wish him well, but nor do I wish him harm. "Meh" sums up my attitude towards him.

Works both ways. Delph runs his contract down and gets crippled - no one wants him. I think he got a good deal with that buy-out clause.

Think it doesn't happen?

Think Vlaar.

Edited by Shaw_nuff
  • Like 1

anybody got any pics/videos of what happened once delph came on?

There's plenty of stuff on you tube. Found this for starters. Obviously NSFW.

can i just say.. that is awesome lol

I realise it's just me, and if it helps, I feel a bit bad about it, but I quite like him - I think he was foolish in the way he left, but I think when he said he wanted to stay he meant it - I think he liked it here, but in the end the chance to play with one of the worlds richest (and therefore biggest) teams was too much. He was a bit daft, spoke a bit too soon and made himself look a tit, but I don't bear him any real malice.

If he never said anything, he wouldn't have the hate. It smells to me like he was just trying to get some free credit. There was no bid, but with the rumours he decided to feed his ego by getting the media, fans, etc onside with giving him praise after praise for being loyal. Only for them to then actually make a bid and make him look like an idiot.

Interesting.. I dont think strength was ever an issue for us. His jinkyness usually kept tacklers at bay and it is pace of the mark that set him apart often leaving his man for dead.

Dont think adding upper body mass will help that if anything it will hinder it.

His issue is converting/getting into more goalscoring opportunities and turning his good runs into chances. That is all in the head and no amount of gym time will help.

He might get better in that area through playing with better players or he might not as we wont be getting in the team through playing with better players.

I realise it's just me, and if it helps, I feel a bit bad about it, but I quite like him - I think he was foolish in the way he left, but I think when he said he wanted to stay he meant it - I think he liked it here, but in the end the chance to play with one of the worlds richest (and therefore biggest) teams was too much. He was a bit daft, spoke a bit too soon and made himself look a tit, but I don't bear him any real malice.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Footballer showing theres no loyalty in football...shock. He didnt abuse me personally or anyone else so i think insults are incredibly uncalled for. I dont really get those who got angry over this. Redic tough decision to make. I just found it funny more than negative emotions towards him. Just seems a weird thing to get annoyed/angry about

• Like 1

Â