Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

really cant wait for delph to come back now!already getting excited about the prospect of him and ireland in the middle,albrighton on the right downing on the left ash young just sitting behind gabby,so much pace and young british talent!i no i will get slated for this cos petrov is our captain but delph is his natural replacement and has the ability to be an absolute monster if he comes back from his acl injury 100%

Hopefully he's back from injury sooner rather than later seeing as I've just ordered the away shirt with his name on the back. Anyone got an update on that btw.

I'd like to see Delph get better defensively.. but I've always seen him as more of an attacking midfielder.

It'd be more likely that Delph would rotate with Ireland/ Young for attacking roles IMO

Delph can get stuck in without being an out and out defensive midfielder.

He just has the added bonus of being very useful going forward and a superb, possibly the best at the club, range of passing.

That midfield would be fairly weak defensively!

Have you seen Delph's tackles - ouch!

Yes, but I don't see him as a DCM. I can see the following:

------------------------- Flamini -------------------------

----------------------------------- Downing/Delph ------

-------------- Ireland ------------------------------------

Albrighton ------------------------------------------- Ash

Because I am led to believe that the injury is that serious.

EDIT : Put it this way - if a player is looking to be back around March - and a player is going to be optimistic about these things - it's not a huge stretch to say that he may very well not make it for March and you're near season's end at that point anyway

Â