The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Great news. No comments from the manager though. 

This ensures we get top dollar or he stays. Hopefully he can settle a bit now and get going. 

That depends on whether we are paying "top dollar" for him to stay. I think Jack is a good player at this level and we need him. But if we are paying him silly money to stay, with our FFP position, it may not be the best deal for us after all. 

He needs to really step up now. I believe he can do it, but the time is now. No more, "he has potential", he needs to perform. And Bruce needs to play him in a way that allows his best to shine through.

Edited by One For The Road

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It is a bit odd, no comments from him or Bruce...

I think we all know what this contract is really, especially how things are atm.

Glad there is no big deal made of it!

If we go up it's a different story though! 

26 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It is a bit odd, no comments from him or Bruce...

It's a contract to ensure we get a decent price when he leaves this summer, there won't be the usual interview where he talks about his love for the club, how he sees himself here for years to come. Which after the Delph debacle I would appreciate to be honest.

• Like 1

I would go the other way and say the only reason he signed is because of the future he was sold.  Bruce has done well for Jack but sticking him out on the wing is not one of them!  The kid should have the team built around him and maybe that is what has been sold to him by Purslow.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Should have sold him in the summer, We will not get another bid anywhere near 25m for him.

but what use is the money unless you spend it wisely?

but you might be right with the last bit....unless he can find his previous form or add a few goals.

I don't think selling your best players takes you anywhere....we never really replaced Milner did we?

Edited by TRO

Â