The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We have never done this with our best players, finally a board who know how to run a football club. This is the way all top clubs do it.

How do you mean? Put a clause in their contract that frightens off interest?

No, probably not. 

26 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Rubbish yesterday, but mostly due to the fact he was played out of position for the majority of the game. He's not a winger, we established this about 3 seasons ago.

If you are going to move a player about into 3 different positions over the course of a game (left mid, right mid, centre mid) then you can't expect a decent performance from him.

He's by far the best player we have and we should be building a side around him. If we play him in his number 10 role we then have to play players to suit this formation. Or we play him in centre midfield as we now know he is useful there.

This:

ST

LW  Grealish  RW

CM       CM

RB  CB   CDM   RB

GK

Or this:

ST

LM  Grealish  CM  RM

DM

RB    CB      CDM      RB

GK

Fiixed :trollface:

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

We have never done this with our best players, finally a board who know how to run a football club. This is the way all top clubs do it.

Benteke had a clause too. In contrast So did Delph but he scum

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Benteke had a clause too. In contrast So did Delph but he scum

That’s why I asked for clarification. Yeah Benteke had a clause but it could be argued the release value was a fair one at the time. So it wouldn’t frighten the big boys off (which of course, it didn’t).

No way is Jack currently worth £60m,  so that to me suggests a tactic of trying to warn off other clubs.

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Tottenham are still believed to be keen to move for Grealish who will have a £60 million release clause inserted into his new deal.

Express link

Absolutely spot on and finally a board that contain people that know what they are doing. What a blessing this is.

And he is worth every penny.

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

That’s why I asked for clarification. Yeah Benteke had a clause but it could be argued the release value was a fair one at the time. So it wouldn’t frighten the big boys off (which of course, it didn’t).

No way is Jack currently worth £60m,  so that to me suggests a tactic of trying to warn off other clubs.

I think looking how it's gone we definite got the best of the Benteke deal. Struggle to pay 8million for him now

Just now, Zatman said:

I think looking how it's gone we definite got the best of the Benteke deal. Struggle to pay 8million for him now

We undoubtedly did. But that’s not my point. £32m for a striker who since his time in the premier league had scored the fourth most goals (more than the likes of Rooney, Giroud & Lukaku) represented fair value at the time. It wasn’t likely going to put anyone off.

£60m for Jack? I would be stunned if anyone made an offer anywhere near that.

• Like 1

I suppose a high release clause could be used as a bargaining tactic. If Spurs or whoever know he has a £60m release clause, they may test the water with (say) a £30m offer, as opposed to a £20m offer if no such clause existed. 

Regardless, he needs to be playing a hell of a lot better for any of these figures to be realistic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I suppose a high release clause could be used as a bargaining tactic. If Spurs or whoever know he has a £60m release clause, they may test the water with (say) a £30m offer, as opposed to a £20m offer if no such clause existed. 

Regardless, he needs to be playing a hell of a lot better for any of these figures to be realistic.

Wasn't their original offer something stupid like 4 million plus Onomah?

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wasn't their original offer something stupid like 4 million plus Onomah?

Haha yeah that was the claim going around at the time. 

I can’t help but think that the owners may consider selling him in January if all the stuff about ffp is accurate.

15 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Nonsense.

There is no hang over and he needs a better manager to utilise him better to get the best out of him again.

Most of our squad have looked mediocore average so far this season and that my friend lays squarely at the managers door.

Think you’re wearing you Jack Grealish glasses. I’m not doubting his potential or ability but his decision to pass is slow compared to some of his team mates. He dribbles with the ball but is currently struggling to know when to release it and when to hold. Over thinking. 

When on his game he looks like he’s playing fluid football but at the moment he slows things down.

Edited by Stockport_Villain

I'm resigned to losing him in January now. The damage Bruce will have done will mean that we'll be sat in the playoff places (at best) instead of being in the top two. It's such a shame that we are not able to capitalise on the best player in the league staying in a division below his true level. 

Edited by villa89

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ive seen many games including great players like Messi and Ronaldo but I have never seen a player kicked as much as Jack. If he had a higher profile it would be criminal to kick him

I guess Messi and Ronaldo have the acceleration to get away from a man once beating them and avoid being kicked, most of the time. I think some of the time he is happy to go down for a free kick. Now I’m not calling him a diver because as you say he is fouled many many times in any one game. Sometimes going down and getting the free is the easier option.

38 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'm resigned to losing him in January now. The damage Bruce will have done will mean that we'll be sat in the playoff places (at best) instead of being in the top two. It's such a shame that we are not able to capitalise on the best player in the league staying in a division below his true level. 

If I’m honest, if you offered me Villa being in the play off positions by January, a new manager and Jack sold so we no longer have to worry about FFP, I’d be very tempted to take that.

10 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If I’m honest, if you offered me Villa being in the play off positions by January, a new manager and Jack sold so we no longer have to worry about FFP, I’d be very tempted to take that.

I would take it as well, a midfield of Birkir, McGinn and Hourihane with Bolasie, Kodjia and Abraham should be enough to achieve promotion.

Utilised in the wrong way it is pointless to have kept Grealish this season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why are people seeing a release clause as a good thing?

The only way that's positive is if it was the thing that convinced Grealish to sign a new deal.

I only think it’s positive in that it may give us more bargaining power if offers come in. IF the value of the release clause is significantly higher than what he’s worth. 

I would be surprised if he signs a contract with a £60m release clause if he wants a realistic chance of playing in the top flight for another club, should we not achieve promotion. 

Â