The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

49 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think his form this season warrants a new contract, he’s signed it now, it’s done and dusted but he’s not amazing

Whether he performs or not this season (and IMO he will when we have a new manager and play to our and his strengths), signing a new contract ensures the club doesn't lose out if/when we do sell him.  We will get full value now - his form will define that value.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, briny_ear said:

This looks odd

Do you not think Jack Grealish has something to do to help get us promoted?

The players sign contracts then the club has to get promoted.

Not sure that’s how it works.

I meant if we dont get promoted then he will likely leave. But if we do get promoted then I think he will stay. Sure he has something to do with it but the manager, and club need to up their game.

if that makes sense? Yeah it read odd :)

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think his form this season warrants a new contract, he’s signed it now, it’s done and dusted but he’s not amazing

His form may or may not currently warrant an improved contract. However, it was entirely warranted we made an effort to protect an asset for the long term or maximise the return we get should the asset get cashed in on.

On 24/09/2018 at 15:37, One For The Road said:

That depends on whether we are paying "top dollar" for him to stay. I think Jack is a good player at this level and we need him. But if we are paying him silly money to stay, with our FFP position, it may not be the best deal for us after all. 

He needs to really step up now. I believe he can do it, but the time is now. No more, "he has potential", he needs to perform. And Bruce needs to play him in a way that allows his best to shine through.

£45,000 per week apparently so 12 million over 5 years

Or about £250,000 per goal or assist ;)

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 hour ago, Django_Zooms said:

This only means two things: 1) the PR machine has gone overboard to deflect Sack Bruce news and 2) unless there is a buyout clause, Jack’scontract just means Daniel Levy or whomever will have to pay a higher fee for Jack in years 1-4 of the contract.

So? So let's have a party.

hoOrAgg.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, briny_ear said:

It’s not about form, it’s about value.

That's modern football for you. 

Uh no, modern football is all about form. You're apparently only as good as your last few games, as this thread brilliantly shows. A couple of good games and you're in the England squad and moving for tens of millions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Good time to get a player like this signed on I'd say. If his was at the top of his game, he may not fancy signing one.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2018 at 15:43, sir_gary_cahill said:

Well you might be right, but I'd question whether he's being played in his best position in a side that knows what the **** it's supposed to be doing any given Saturday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think we've got the best squad in the league personally on paper and I think every fan knows and every person knows how good this team can be. It's not just about the talent really, cuz there's teams in this league that maybe aren't as good as others but they're up there because of how they play as a team.

Well damn Jack.

11 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He will be at Spurs next season. 

Just a season to increase his value even more to get that big move.

He won't, they will sign somebody better than Grealish

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KHV said:

He won't, they will sign somebody better than Grealish

Spurs will be rebuilding next season and players sound sick of Pochettino training methods. I expect he will leave and key players will go in Alderweirald, Dembele and Eriksen

Â