The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

And? He still wasn't better.

You guys are so obsessed with stats it's embarrassing. 

Ryan Sessegnon was 17 and scored 15 goals last season and Jack was still the better player at the time.

Parody account I assume ?

The Villa doing it's bit for the local comedy scene ?

To be applauded.

Strachan, Batty, McAllister Speed all played in this division then became champions of England 2 years later, benchmark for the "greatest" Jack ?

Closer to now, whilst Grealish was being pictured smashed off hIs nut, Lewis Cook was captaining his country to victory in the U20 World Cup.

He has since gone on to gain a full England cap, be standby for the world cup squad, and now a regular high performer in the PL.

Oh, and he is younger than your mercurial boy wonder.

You'll not get another £25 million bid, that ship sailed.  

10 minutes ago, hooter said:

Parody account I assume ?

The Villa doing it's bit for the local comedy scene ?

To be applauded.

Strachan, Batty, McAllister Speed all played in this division then became champions of England 2 years later, benchmark for the "greatest" Jack ?

Closer to now, whilst Grealish was being pictured smashed off hIs nut, Lewis Cook was captaining his country to victory in the U20 World Cup.

He has since gone on to gain a full England cap, be standby for the world cup squad, and now a regular high performer in the PL.

Oh, and he is younger than your mercurial boy wonder.

You'll not get another £25 million bid, that ship sailed.  

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

And? He still wasn't better.

You guys are so obsessed with stats it's embarrassing. 

Nothing to do with stats He was 16 year old kid when he played for southampton, He still managed an almost full season of 45 games in the championship in a team that missed out in the play-offs partly because he was injured and missed the second leg.

Grealish is 23 and has still only just about managed a full season over a combined 2 years, He should be a damned sight better than every single 16 year old kid given he is 7 years older...

Ryan Sessegnon was 17 and scored 15 goals last season and Jack was still the better player at the time.

Even if you're his brother/mother/lover that is still quite possibly one of the stupidest things i have ever seen written on here and there's plenty to choose from

??????

?

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Mate, give your head a wobble! Sessegnon is an absolute baller and Jack has over 5 years on him and both at similar level's but Sessegnon edges it due to age and how he has played last 2 seasons. He 100% needs a rest this season but has shown glimpses in the Premiership of his talent already! he has 20 goals in 75 games nearly 1 in 4 and during that time he has played Left Back as well!!

Sessegnon in last 2 seasons has been probably the best young player in the Championship he is that good it's nothing to do with stats (Although as pointed out his stats are good but it's the complete package including he stays away from nightclubs, doesn't drink and trains all the time even when not meant to train) for his age he just wants to be the best he can be!!

He was the main man (Cairney 2nd and then later Mitrovic as well in Jan) that took that club to Premier League when they possibly had no right to!

Someone pointed out to me at the game other day Grealish has bulked up over summer and it has slowed him down so much! He really didn't need do all that as was better when he was skinnier! 

Edited by Villan4Life

34 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Nothing to do with stats He was 16 year old kid when he played for southampton, He still managed an almost full season of 45 games in the championship in a team that missed out in the play-offs partly because he was injured and missed the second leg.

Grealish is 23 and has still only just about managed a full season over a combined 2 years, He should be a damned sight better than every single 16 year old kid given he is 7 years older...

You're the one who brought up 16 year old Bale my man, not me. You're the one who brought up the stats.

Just now, Keyblade said:

You're the one who brought up 16 year old Bale my man, not me. You're the one who brought up the stats.

In reply to you saying Bale wasn't as good as Jack in his southampton days.

His "southampton days" were 1 season as a 16 year old kid where he played just about every single game, Something Grealish can't even manage now

I don't know if this is a VT curse or something but can we stop dealing in absolutes? Sessegnon is a wonderful young player who has the potential to go very far in this game. He's already shining as a 17 year old.

But at this stage in his career if you were to give me a straight choice between him and Jack, I'm picking Jack every time. Doesn't mean I don't think he's a fantastic player who had an outstanding season ffs

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

In reply to you saying Bale wasn't as good as Jack in his southampton days.

His "southampton days" were 1 season as a 16 year old kid where he played just about every single game, Something Grealish can't even manage now

So what's your point, was he better or not? Make up your mind.

What does playing every game have to do with anything lmao.

I guess not picking up a freak kidney injury makes you a better player. How can I argue with such impeccable logic?

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't know if this is a VT curse or something but can we stop dealing in absolutes? Sessegnon is a wonderful young player who has the potential to go very far in this game. He's already shining as a 17 year old.

But at this stage in his career if you were to give me a straight choice between him and Jack, I'm picking Jack every time. Doesn't mean I don't think he's a fantastic player who had an outstanding season ffs

Mate at this stage of his career?? Jack is 5 years older than Segnesson **** sake lol! You are massively off the mark! 

If Grealish didn't play for Villa you really wouldn't be saying this comparing Grealish vs a lad that could one day play for Barcelona or Real Madrid (Yes he is that good)

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So what's your point, was he better or not? Make up your mind.

What does playing every game have to do with anything lmao.

I guess not picking up a freak kidney injury makes you a better player. How can I argue with such impeccable logic?

Judging by your posts you are either drunk, trolling or haven't a clue and just contradicting yourself everytime some gives a valid reason why and it's not all about stats you know.

It's about the 4-corner model used by majority of clubs/scouts (Which you probably know nothing about) Grealish ticks 1 of the 4 corner model boxes. Segnesson and Bale tick all 4 boxes

Edited by Villan4Life

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Lol

Under what merit is Grealish the better player? Sess goes round players like they are not there and actually has end product, can also defend is 5 years younger, quicker... The list goes on, if Grealish never played for villa no way would anyone rate him this highly. 

23 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Jack is 5 years older than Segnesson **** sake lol! 

Hence, "at this stage in his career". Jesus christ.

I said if I had to pick right now. Right now means Sessegnon is 18 and Jack is 23, which incidentally happens to be how time and age works.

He might very well go on to be better than Jack, much better even...his potential is certainly high enough as you mention and he obviously has age on his side. I'm not doubting that, holy shit. Do you also see in black and white?

I'm saying RIGHT NOW he isn't. The conversation is about right now (or last season actually), not the future. How is that so hard to understand? Jfc

It also has nothing to do with Villa, that's just a weak cop-out.

6 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Lol

Under what merit is Grealish the better player? Sess goes round players like they are not there and actually has end product, can also defend is 5 years younger, quicker... The list goes on, if Grealish never played for villa no way would anyone rate him this highly. 

I wonder when this obsession with "end product" is going to end. Conor Hourihane has more "end product" than Luka Modric. It means jack shit when a player's game is much more than just their "end product".

He's younger = he's better. Only on VT. I'm out.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I wonder when this obsession with "end product" is going to end. Conor Hourihane has more "end product" than Luka Modric. It means jack shit when a player's game is much more than just their "end product".

He's younger = he's better. Only on VT. I'm out.

Being younger was just one of the many reasons why you'd take sess over Grealish but you seemed to have just ignored all of those, apart from end product where you seem to think it's not neccasary. 

Grealish is good. Best to ever play in the championship? Not even close. The fact you're the only one in here who thinks he is tells you something surely. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Sessegnon was better than Grealish last season.  

And he is a better player too. He will have a better career winning more trophies and getting more international caps. It’s so obvious even to me as a big Grealish fan. Sometimes we just need to be a little more honest with ourselves. 

For a kid in this division and what he has done for Fulham (hate them) it’s frightening.

7 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

And he is a better player too. He will have a better career winning more trophies and getting more international caps. It’s so obvious even to me as a big Grealish fan. Sometimes we just need to be a little more honest with ourselves. 

For a kid in this division and what he has done for Fulham (hate them) it’s frightening.

I agree.

I like Grealish a lot, he's our best player (although not on current form), he's definitely one of the best in the division, but some overrate him to cringeworthy level. For me he was definitely one of the best in the division last season, belonging on a list that includes Neves, Sessegnon and Maddison. But I would not, with confidence, say he's better than any of them, and he's certainly a level below Neves. People laughed at Maddison's fee and suggested Grealish was worth a lot more, a load of bollocks, not only was Maddison at least as good as him last season, he's now doing really well in the premier league, whilst IMO Grealish is struggling to look anywhere near the player he was last season. 

Right now Grealish is not dominating football matches in the way his talent dictates he should and whilst Bruce's tactics explain some of that, players as good as Grealish ought to be dominating regardless of how shit the manager is. Really top players always stand out, especially at this level...

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â