The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Grealish excelled last season in a central role, so why change that? Why is the club signing players like El Ghazi and Bolassie, who can play in that left position, only to move Grealish out there because it's his 'best position'? The level of mismanagement going on is shocking. 

It is indeed.

It is so patently bonkers that my only hope/ explanation is the signings are for someone else rather than Bruce.

Edited by terrytini

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Grealish excelled last season in a central role, so why change that? Why is the club signing players like El Ghazi and Bolassie, who can play in that left position, only to move Grealish out there because it's his 'best position'? The level of mismanagement going on is shocking. 

I think the issue is that Bruce is trying to shoehorn Kodjia into the side, for 2 reasons.

i) Bruces pragmatic style has always relied on "someone doing something special". Whilst it doesn't happen very often, i think Bruce sees Kodjia as that man. When Kodjia is fit, he plays.

ii) I think Bruce is so lost with regards to how to dig himself out of a hole that he has gone against everything he believes and thinks playing 2 up top will appease the fans and shake off his negative reputation. What it does mean is that Jack gets pushed wide and the guys he actually signed to play on the wing sit on the bench. 

It's a mess. 

24 minutes ago, terrytini said:

It is indeed.

It is so patently bonkers that my only hope/ explanation is the signings are for someone else rather than Bruce.

I'm not sure about this mate. Both wingers were signed before CP was appointed, and i would hope that the new owners aren't picking players. 

If the assumption is that Bruces replacement has already been identified and is pulling the strings from afar, why hasn't he already been appointed?

It's more likely that Bruce has decided that he wants to play 2 up top, which means Jack getting pushed all over the place. 

43 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm not sure about this mate. Both wingers were signed before CP was appointed, and i would hope that the new owners aren't picking players. 

If the assumption is that Bruces replacement has already been identified and is pulling the strings from afar, why hasn't he already been appointed?

It's more likely that Bruce has decided that he wants to play 2 up top, which means Jack getting pushed all over the place. 

I know.

Ive found a straw and I’m going to clutch it !

3 hours ago, av1 said:

I think the issue is that Bruce is trying to shoehorn Kodjia into the side, for 2 reasons.

i) Bruces pragmatic style has always relied on "someone doing something special". Whilst it doesn't happen very often, i think Bruce sees Kodjia as that man. When Kodjia is fit, he plays.

ii) I think Bruce is so lost with regards to how to dig himself out of a hole that he has gone against everything he believes and thinks playing 2 up top will appease the fans and shake off his negative reputation. What it does mean is that Jack gets pushed wide and the guys he actually signed to play on the wing sit on the bench. 

It's a mess. 

I think you have a point....He is caught between a rock and a hard place....but he has allowed himself to drift in to that, slight mitigation for the summer when he had 2 centre backs lined up.....hope they would have been better than the 2 'keepers.....else we have dodged a couple of bullets.

Quite frankly, I am not sure either of what the correct line -up should be......too many variants floating around in my head.

Right now, if you change it its wrong, if you stick with it its wrong.......He doesn't know if to stick of twist and neither do I.

I think the centre halves and GK are affecting the whole rhythm of the team its being affected by those positions....its drained the confidence.

At the moment we have too many big reputations not doing it.......Chester,Grealish, Adomah and Kodjia.

The problem is if we leave them out, we are denying ourselves the chance of them producing something, with no obvious choice to come in to replace them.

In the current situation, I am not sure what to suggest for the best......FWIW.

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If he can't get a tune.....he picks up another instrument.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Has a £30m buy out clause if we are not promoted according to the esteemed publication that is The Daily Mirror.

who? the owner.

just kidding.

but is there any incentive to play?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

In the current situation, I am not sure what to suggest for the best......FWIW.

Changing the manager would be a good starting point.

Edited by vreitti

14 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It’s where he played in our youth teams and when he first came in to our first team, it’s not a position he is unfamiliar with. He should be able to adapt to what the manager asks him to do, no questions asked

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's been far from garbage. I think sometimes we judge Jack differently to our other players - he's been our best player so far this season without being at his best.

Maybe, but he's been a shadow of himself when compared with last season, it's indicative of the whole team though.

Â