The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 23/08/2021 at 09:10, tomav84 said:

it's interesting that all of a sudden this girlfriend that he's had since school (barring a few month break) has suddenly become known to the public. it goes in line with this brand etc that you speak of because being in a couple is probably better for the brand.

but he's already been caught on a dating site. he's just not bright enough to stay out of trouble. difference is not being one of their own his new fanbase won't have his back like we did

If they're capable of defending their owners regarding human rights abuses, I'm sure they'll bring themselves to defend Jack for banging a brazzer or two.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Happens all the time in life though people leave a job for more money elsewhere then realise it's not about the money it's about being happy and return to the job they left.

Relationships too people go back to past loves.

Would not surprise me if Jack wanted to come back one day question is would we have moved on since then.

Ashley coming back is good business on our part it was not a sentimental signing it filled a gap we had.

He’s done over a decade at his boyhood club, been up, down, up again, kept them up, cup finals. If we’re honest, he’s done most things he’s ever likely to do in a Villa shirt.

Then he’s offered a mega pay rise to play for (arguably) the best team in the country, best manager, best facilities, champions league football and a good chance of finishing the season with 1-4 winners medals.

I doubt he’s going to regret it much. Good luck to him. I don’t think anyone on here could say they wouldn’t do it if in the same shoes.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s done over a decade at his boyhood club, been up, down, up again, kept them up, cup finals. If we’re honest, he’s done most things he’s ever likely to do in a Villa shirt.

Then he’s offered a mega pay rise to play for (arguably) the best team in the country, best manager, best facilities, champions league football and a good chance of finishing the season with 1-4 winners medals.

I doubt he’s going to regret it much. Good luck to him. I don’t think anyone on here could say they wouldn’t do it if in the same shoes.

I think most would have left in a more gracious manner, that's the main problem

• Like 1

i wonder. to put jacks situation in more relatable terms for us mere mortals. If  the average Villa fan was offered quadruple their current salary if they started supporting Man City, would they do it?. And proper support, like go to every game (should get a ticket okay...), spend hours daily on their forums, learn the songs, get the tattoo's, boo Villa when they played each other, wear the shirt in public, exiled from VT.

not saying i would :ph34r: but you would surely have to think about it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

i wonder. to put jacks situation in more relatable terms for us mere mortals. If  the average Villa fan was offered quadruple their current salary if they started supporting Man City, would they do it?. And proper support, like go to every game (should get a ticket okay...), spend hours daily on their forums, learn the songs, get the tattoo's, boo Villa when they played each other, wear the shirt in public, exiled from VT.

I’m frankly insulted by your proposal to make me live in Manchester (or even just have to go every other weekend) for only 4x my currently salary, but thank you for your interest and good luck for the future. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I’m frankly insulted by your proposal to make me live in Manchester (or even just have to go every other weekend) for only 4x my currently salary, but thank you for your interest and good luck for the future. 

i can only apologise for my derisory offer. This must be what it feels like to be Daniel Levy

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I'd give it a go. Obviously I'd get "what a waste of money" sang at me, initially by Villa fans, and then by City fans once they realised my heart wasn't really in it, and I was just there for the moolah!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Throw in a free car from their official auto partner too... Oh wait... 

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I can… The only other English side I even have any remote love for is Southampton… I would only leave our club if I was made to, and I certainly wouldn’t try to engineer it with a fixed release clause that my agent could let another club know behind the scenes…

The events would have unfolded as follows:

- Sign for Man City for record transfer

- Community Shield - Curl one out, smear shit on the shirt and badge and throw remaining faecal matter at Man City fans, chanting “I’m Villa till I die”

- Get sacked by Man City for appalling behaviour and causing terrible PR

- Re-sign for Villa on a free

🤣

or… OR just wait for a Champions League side from another league wanted me… Somewhere nice… Like Spain or Italy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone know what sort of reception he got from the Norwich fans on the weekend since he was booed by Leicester and Spurs fans previously?

Tbh, I think a lot of the booing is people expressing their utter contempt for the modern game. You've got some clubs that have had their very existence threatened by the pandemic, and yet in this climate you've got City splashing 100m on a player they don't need, in a position that they're stacked in, just because they can. I'm not surprised at the reaction if I'm honest.

• Like 3

He'll be scrutinised a lot more nowadays, being the £100m player. 

Wonder what his 'childhood sweetheart' thinks about it. 

Â