The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He gives me the impression that, in 12 months, if not already, he will have forgotten he even supports villa or played for us. 

Same as all players, previous clubs are quickly forgotten.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Let’s be real, he’s never playing for Villa again under our current owners

I’d say this is accurate really given state of play, doubtful with Purslow 

1 hour ago, jim said:

Nobody got in his head. He wanted to leave when Spurs were in for him and again last year when it was United.

He and his family orchestrated this move for nothing more than money and fame.

Correct I say he it’s more a collective so they 

18 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Amen to that

I’d not want him back now

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It would be possible with an elite manager

Think it’s possible, this year is transition for me. Depending on how DS does will see big movements next year I feel

I think hes going to struggle now they changed the rules of not looking for fouls and refs are playing on more to keep the game going. That means theres going to be no falling to ground and complaining on your knees and because of it Grealish is going to have to evolve or he will suffer on field and will be complained at by his City team mates.

Can Grealish shine without his fouls,that is the 100 million pound question because it maybe that we sold at the right time since the rules were changed.

I just think were going to find we will of gotten the best days out of Grealish.

I'm kind of happy we got rid of the one guy slowing our play down. The more I think about it with losing Jack and the rule changes, Villa players can now begin to keep the flow of the game at a decent pace without slow down or stoppages whosoever from MR one man army..

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, jim said:

Nobody got in his head. He wanted to leave when Spurs were in for him and again last year when it was United.

He and his family orchestrated this move for nothing more than money and fame.

I believe this is true, Jack wanted out way back and he couldn't of given a crap about Villa or he would of stayed and put money to the side. He swapped loyalty for achievements and that's upto him but hes done as the player I believed he was. It was the one chance for a player of his value to stand up for the loyalty type player and say they do exist, yet he let many down. Not fans from just Villa but the many that were saying to him and pleading with him not to help destroy football by going to City. No one apart from City fans, his family will ever think of Jack the same again. Jack wont be a massive name at City and he certainly wont be a stand out player because they have so many stand outs that will cast a shadow over Jack.

What riles me up about all this is Jack didnt do this himself, sure he went on the pitch and played wicked most games, but it was us fans who got him recognised. Everytime he was thrown aside by someone or pulled down by the likes of a pundit or the england manager it was Villa fans who got behind him and that recognition got into the media week after week and aided him and he shit on the fans most of all. Truth I think is if Villa fans had of not supported him so much I just dont think hed be at City just yet. For how cheap he swapped his loyalty for material shit, to me hes as good as gone, hes not my fav footballers anymore, anyone who swaps all those values for material bullshit dont deserve fans loyalty nor love.

Back to what you said that and possibly moving to spurs. There was an interview he did where he actually said he believed he was off to spurs. Hes mostly been silent on moves but you could always tell when he was possibly frustrated not getting a move because he'd throw a few words up in a video like he did over the spurs move.

4 hours ago, dappadan said:

Marketing for what though?

This is the point: there is absolutely nothing at the heart of any of this sort of marketing: just a vacuum.  

His brand is the point of the brand: it’s embarrassing. 

Also, hurt former fan personal attack here, but he looks like he has aged about fifteen years since his debut goal for us: that lifestyle will catch up to him eventually.  

19 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Also, hurt former fan personal attack here, but he looks like he has aged about fifteen years since his debut goal for us: that lifestyle will catch up to him eventually.  

Boy turning into a man that’s all 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Exactly that

Its a pose that he'll attach to his brand and try and get kids up and down the country imitating on the playground

Its not aimed at me a 37 year old villa fan in a hope that I take offence to him 

We have a few that are starting to sound like jilted lovers 

It’s exactly this. Villa is a distant memory to him. He’s not trying to shaft us or anything. He’s just building his brand for his young target audience. 

• Like 2

Just now, Spoony said:

It’s exactly this. Villa is a distant memory to him. He’s not trying to shaft us or anything. He’s just building his brand for his young target audience. 

yep some people are making it worse in their own head that its a vendetta

Btw if you don’t get the whole ‘Grealish brand’ argument yet, just search his name on Twitter. All posts are of that celebration with various filters, young fans posting it everywhere, then other photos of him pointing at whatever player it was who he was hugging, and then everything else (about 25% I’d say) is about his arse and calves from female and gay followers.

His focus is his brand and tbh him and his team is smashing that aspect. I can’t help but keep an eye on what’s going on with him. That’ll pass with time but for now it’s kind of fascinating to see. If you weren’t sure what modern football is to the modern football fan, it’s this. 

• Haha 1

The whole brand thing is kind of disappointing because he used to give off the narrative that he just loved to play football and specifically for Villa and everything else was just noise. Really, it was us who were naive for falling for what was probably a clever bit of branding in itself ironically :D

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The whole brand thing is kind of disappointing because he used to give off the narrative that he just loved to play football and specifically for Villa and everything else was just noise. Really, it was us who were naive for falling for what was probably a clever bit of branding in itself ironically :D

Yeah, agree with all of this. I’m actually not one of his haters, hope he gets a good reception on his return etc. However,  you are totally spot on with your post and because people outside the club don’t get the narrative that we have been perpetually fed for the last few years, they don’t understand why Villa fans have taken it so badly. 

Anyway, I’m cross with myself for commenting again,  I was delighted to see that the thread was almost inactive for a day or so before yesterday. 

• Like 1

My opinion of Jack Grealish the player will never change, he is phenomenal.

As a person, him being a Villa player put it to the back of my mind, but I have never been a fan of him as a person. There were some old videos of the U21 lads hanging out a few years back and he came across as a complete bell. The type to take the piss out of others, the obnoxious, hyperactive, irritating type.

Now he's **** off, and let's face it, him/his family have been angling for a move for a long time, I can switch to literally not giving two shits about him.

Edited by Tom13

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

That is his brand, being a squad player at city won’t help him it’s a miscalculation in my view plus it’s all done via a team so it’s not natural and once you know it’s fake you just don’t buy it

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

My opinion of Jack Grealish the player will never change, he is phenomenal.

As a person, him being a Villa player put it to the back of my mind, but I have never been a fan of him as a person. There were some old videos of the U21 lads hanging out a few years back and he came across as a complete bell. The type to take the piss out of others, the obnoxious, hyperactive, irritating type.

Now he's **** off, and let's face it, him/his family have been angling for a move for a long time, I can switch to literally not giving two shits about him.

Think from 18 he’s been the main man locally  and nobody is going to tell him no, not even DS because he was the star. Wrong that is, it creates monsters, he would party and he would stick his dick in anything down here,  he’ll get honey trapped up there Gifyi siggurdson style it’s a horrible city

6 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

That is his brand, being a squad player at city won’t help him it’s a miscalculation in my view plus it’s all done via a team so it’s not natural and once you know it’s fake you just don’t buy it

Think from 18 he’s been the main man locally  and nobody is going to tell him no, not even DS because he was the star. Wrong that is, it creates monsters, he would party and he would stick his dick in anything down here,  he’ll get honey trapped up there Gifyi siggurdson style it’s a horrible city

Warm Apple Pie GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

it's interesting that all of a sudden this girlfriend that he's had since school (barring a few month break) has suddenly become known to the public. it goes in line with this brand etc that you speak of because being in a couple is probably better for the brand.

but he's already been caught on a dating site. he's just not bright enough to stay out of trouble. difference is not being one of their own his new fanbase won't have his back like we did

• Like 1

Â