The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I was naively thinking that his Dad and Brother would be the opposite, that they would be the ones who have known Villa’s struggles over the years, that they would spin the bigger picture to Jack about how we have this incredible opportunity to push the club back to where it should be.

What Villa fan, Dad or not, wants “their” club to lose its best player and biggest driving force? I just hate the way Jack comes across now like Villa arent good enough for him, and the message he has sent to all those still at the club who looked up to him. A lot of them seemed like they were not only giving their all and fighting for Aston Villa, but for Jack Grealish too & now he’s abandoned ship. Sorry but that doesnt sit right with this whole fanbase, and I think relinquishing being Captain of the club you love is unforgivable. He’s let everyone down big time, he could have left 99 different ways and we’d be fine with it, but he chose the 1 unacceptable way that has tarnished his relations forever

Yeah this like the message he's sent to Chuk etc is if you break through and have a couple of good seasons you can get the big money move to shitty

27 minutes ago, a-k said:

He already is?

I think so

The shame is that he can't be considered what he is whilst "only" playing for villa

This transfer says to me the difference between the haves and the have not is not only so **** astronomical but its just brushed off and accepted

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yeah this like the message he's sent to Chuk etc is if you break through and have a couple of good seasons you can get the big money move to shitty

Well yeah, but you can sort of accept that a bit more with a degree of reality with players that arent Villa through and through. Jack has always claimed to be Villa through and through, and he was captaining the club that runs through his entire bloodline, just thought maybe that meant a bit more to him and was worth fighting for maybe a few more years while the club was clearly in the ascendancy with huge financial backing.

Maybe if he had released a video message to the fans with a bit of emotion explaining all his reasons It could be reluctantly accepted by us lot a bit better. But it just comes across like he was engineering it all along.

Thinking back even to that Manor song that dropped during the Euro’s, even they knew going off the lyrics 

“Twitter will tell you I’m underachieving.. what they gonna do when I GO AND WIN THE LEAGUE THEN” 

The constant clamour from everyone and their dog telling him to leave and move up probably played a part, got in his head. At least we dont have to keep seeing all that anymore. They got their way in the end, like always, like we knew they would. D1ckheads

58 minutes ago, a-k said:

He already is?

It won't be universally recognised until he does it on the very top stage, against the likes of Madrid or Munich or PSG. He wouldn't have had the chance at Villa to prove it. 

Ultimately, as much as it was a kick in the gonads, I can see why he left. We're years away from playing at that level, if ever, unfortunately. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I was naively thinking that his Dad and Brother would be the opposite, that they would be the ones who have known Villa’s struggles over the years, that they would spin the bigger picture to Jack about how we have this incredible opportunity to push the club back to where it should be.

What Villa fan, Dad or not, wants “their” club to lose its best player and biggest driving force? I just hate the way Jack comes across now like Villa arent good enough for him, and the message he has sent to all those still at the club who looked up to him. A lot of them seemed like they were not only giving their all and fighting for Aston Villa, but for Jack Grealish too & now he’s abandoned ship. Sorry but that doesnt sit right with this whole fanbase, and I think relinquishing being Captain of the club you love is unforgivable. He’s let everyone down big time, he could have left 99 different ways and we’d be fine with it, but he chose the 1 unacceptable way that has tarnished his relations forever

Well, as we were under the impression that they are Villa fans - you WOULD have thought that...

But it turns out that their son is a turncoat little prick, and the apple often doesnt fall far from the tree...

Bollocks to the lot of them - Refund their season tickets and ban them from the ground...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The constant clamour from everyone and their dog telling him to leave and move up probably played a part, got in his head. At least we dont have to keep seeing all that anymore. They got their way in the end, like always, like we knew they would. D1ckheads

That was probably the worst part of it. The media had decided he had to move on and it was a constant noise from start to finish. The media are only interested in the top 4 nowadays. 

I remember last year, about October/November time, Emi Martinez was in the Garth Crooks team of the week - Garth was saying that a top 4 team needs to buy him as he's too good for us. He' only played about 15 games! The media machine is repulsive. 

• Like 4

One thing I won't do again is get too emotionally invested in one player. Ultimately they are just pawns on the chess board and if we can improve and move them around to become better, then that is what we need to do. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Well, as we were under the impression that they are Villa fans - you WOULD have thought that...

But it turns out that their son is a turncoat little prick, and the apple often doesnt fall far from the tree...

Bollocks to the lot of them - Refund their season tickets and ban them from the ground...

for me he's an amazing footballer who used to play for us who i now think is a complete c***. like dwight yorke.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Just saw his ‘goal’ - talk about fortuitous! 

He didn’t do much else (from the highlights I’ve seen) despite Norwich being shocking defensively. 

It was basically an own goal but at the right end like when a cross just unluckily ricochets off a player that cant get out the way. The celebration was vomit inducing 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

It was basically an own goal but at the right end like when a cross just unluckily ricochets off a player that cant get out the way. The celebration was vomit inducing 

It was so desperate. So cringe. Literally off his knee. Then he does his blue hearts all over his socials. 

49 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

A Villan dishing out Blue hearts. Says it all.

It all seems very strange and unnecessary to me. Just saw his Instagram story with fingers in ears emoji again. The bloke was universally loved by the country throughout the euros, most of the media and pundits have backed him and wished him well so who is he doing that too? 

Can only think its to Villa fans which would seem strange to belittle the club that had your back since 6 years old. 

20 minutes ago, dappadan said:

It all seems very strange and unnecessary to me. Just saw his Instagram story with fingers in ears emoji again. The bloke was universally loved by the country throughout the euros, most of the media and pundits have backed him and wished him well so who is he doing that too? 

Can only think its to Villa fans which would seem strange to belittle the club that had your back since 6 years old. 

Its not at villa fans

Its for marketing money

The whole thing is for marketing and marketing money, he's got 500k new followers since moving, needs to be a lot more active and get that number up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

It'd be irritating enough if it wasn't for that fact that it bounced in off the prick and he knew nothing about it.

Yeah mate, you really **** showed...someone, something.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its not at villa fans

Its for marketing money

The whole thing is for marketing and marketing money, he's got 500k new followers since moving, needs to be a lot more active and get that number up 

Marketing for what though? It doesn't exactly show him in a good light and will make most people who seemed to like him in the summer think he looks a bit of an arrogant prick. 

I kind of get that it gets his name out there but its hardly a Gazza like celebration. 

Â