The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Said it before but it's pretty clear he cares primarily about his "brand" above everything else. I don't know if he was always like that or if the fame got to his head but either way it's pretty sad to see. Yes all the elite players get involved with that stuff to an extent but he's gone way OTT with it.

I actually think we’ve done very well out of the deal.  Yes, he’ll be part of a winning team and win plenty of trophies over his contract. He’ll also earn mega money in the process.

However, I honestly don’t think he’ll shine consistently and be considered a “great” for them. He’s now just a cog in a well oiled machine.

£100m was always an obscene amount. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, dappadan said:

Marketing for what though? It doesn't exactly show him in a good light and will make most people who seemed to like him in the summer think he looks a bit of an arrogant prick. 

I kind of get that it gets his name out there but its hardly a Gazza like celebration. 

I think @villa4europe means It will be his personal celebration on the next FIFA game on PlayStation or Xbox, and cement his brand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The constant clamour from everyone and their dog telling him to leave and move up probably played a part, got in his head. At least we dont have to keep seeing all that anymore. They got their way in the end, like always, like we knew they would. D1ckheads

Nobody got in his head. He wanted to leave when Spurs were in for him and again last year when it was United.

He and his family orchestrated this move for nothing more than money and fame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

I think @villa4europe means It will be his personal celebration on the next FIFA game on PlayStation or Xbox, and cement his brand.

Exactly that

Its a pose that he'll attach to his brand and try and get kids up and down the country imitating on the playground

Its not aimed at me a 37 year old villa fan in a hope that I take offence to him 

We have a few that are starting to sound like jilted lovers 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jim said:

Nobody got in his head. He wanted to leave when Spurs were in for him and again last year when it was United.

He and his family orchestrated this move for nothing more than money and fame.

They already had it at Villa. He was the most talked about player last season. He was the talk of the country at the Euros before his move

Watching the highlights last night I saw several occasions where he's offered himself for the ball and didn't get it.  At Villa everything went through him and its something he'll have to get used to.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They already had it at Villa. He was the most talked about player last season. He was the talk of the country at the Euros before his move

Obviously wasn’t enough. Let’s be honest, he was never going to play on the biggest stage in CL with Villa.

• Like 1

Â