The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The whole brand thing is kind of disappointing because he used to give off the narrative that he just loved to play football and specifically for Villa and everything else was just noise. Really, it was us who were naive for falling for what was probably a clever bit of branding in itself ironically :D

The mystique of my club brought in a lot of neutrals and fans from others clubs. Not wanting similar things to happen to their best players, seeing how Southgate could ignore such a big talent. All that Totti talk and hype was just smoke. At least he’s the face of BoohooMan now though. I’m sure that matters more. 

• Like 1

This thread is getting pretty embarrassing. Literally somebody saying his family should be banned. I knew it would be bad so haven't really been in since he left, but it's been a few weeks now... Grow up

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

but he's already been caught on a dating site. he's just not bright enough to stay out of trouble. difference is not being one of their own his new fanbase won't have his back like we did

You best believe they will. Looking through twitter they're further up his ass than we were 😂  

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

it's interesting that all of a sudden this girlfriend that he's had since school (barring a few month break) has suddenly become known to the public. it goes in line with this brand etc that you speak of because being in a couple is probably better for the brand.

but he's already been caught on a dating site. he's just not bright enough to stay out of trouble. difference is not being one of their own his new fanbase won't have his back like we did

My missus said exactly the same to me re Jack's girlfriend suddenly been back on the scene, it is so obviously all to coincide with the Grealish "brand".

He's a class footballer, best I've seen at Villa Park, and I thought once he left I would want him to go on to achieve great things (call me bitter) but I hope he fails miserably - He probably won't because of his undoubted talent - But the transfer to City at a time when we were (are) making great strides, the my city, my club blah blah messages but the requested buy out clause put into his contract, the emotionless message to the Villa fans, the City videos "made my year" blah blah), the blue hearts, the goal celebration, ETC ETC it just comes across so fake - City didn't need him and like one of the videos with the blogger on here said - they are just trying to buy a new fan base - looks like it to me.

I really, really hope they don't win the Champions League anytime soon. And a failed title bid would be quite nice too!

I'm intrigued to what kind of reaction he will get at Villa Park - From what I have seen over social media it seems a mixed reaction to the posts he makes, I'm guessing VP will be the same.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

My missus said exactly the same to me re Jack's girlfriend suddenly been back on the scene, it is so obviously all to coincide with the Grealish "brand".

He's a class footballer, best I've seen at Villa Park, and I thought once he left I would want him to go on to achieve great things (call me bitter) but I hope he fails miserably - He probably won't because of his undoubted talent - But the transfer to City at a time when we were (are) making great strides, the my city, my club blah blah messages but the requested buy out clause put into his contract, the emotionless message to the Villa fans, the City videos "made my year" blah blah), the blue hearts, the goal celebration, ETC ETC it just comes across so fake - City didn't need him and like one of the videos with the blogger on here said - they are just trying to buy a new fan base - looks like it to me.

I really, really hope they don't win the Champions League anytime soon. And a failed title bid would be quite nice too!

I'm intrigued to what kind of reaction he will get at Villa Park - From what I have seen over social media it seems a mixed reaction to the posts he makes, I'm guessing VP will be the same.

I reckon the reaction he will get will be similar to when the players take a knee.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

I reckon the reaction he will get will be similar to when the players take a knee.

guarantee there will be way more boos than the handful of idiots that do it when taking the knee

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe check Ashley Young thread after his dive vs us at Old Trafford 😉

I'm abivilous on Young. Don't mind him being here, circumstances of him leaving are not the same as Grealish. Grealish I consider to be a piece of shit based on his behaviour 

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

I'm abivilous on Young. Don't mind him being here, circumstances of him leaving are not the same as Grealish. Grealish I consider to be a piece of shit based on his behaviour 

him, barry and milner leaving hurt at the time but looking back you get why they did. also none of them are villa fans nor did they ever claim to be

if he scores i'd rather he just celebrated, than do that thing where they pretend to be respectful. it would wind me up even more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I would love it if the whole stadium went completely silent and every single home fan turned their backs to the pitch as he came on. 

Won't happen, so i'll settle for him being booed. 

If that makes me childish or cringe or any of that self righteous crap then some people will undoubtedly respond with, then good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

GIF 17x14 marge simpson season 17 - animated GIF on GIFER

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

him, barry and milner leaving hurt at the time but looking back you get why they did. also none of them are villa fans nor did they ever claim to be

if he scores i'd rather he just celebrated, than do that thing where they pretend to be respectful. it would wind me up even more

I think young going was the one I was most ok with at the the time despite how good he was for us. 

Barry was really gutting cause he was the first to leave of that era and city were basically our rivals, plus he had a bit of a “mr Aston Villa” vibe like grealish. Milner was annoying cause he’d only just begun showing what he really could do and then city ruined him by playing him RM- such a waste.

compared to that I could understand young going more. He’d given us 4-5 years of top form and was going to a team guaranteed to win titles. Plus he never forced a move 

• Like 2

Of the good players we've had poached from us, Milner and Benteke were the ones with the least ill will I'd say. Young and Downing were in the middle (I think most totally understood why they wanted to leave the club given the state we were in) and then Barry, and obviously Delph and Mike Lubb were by far the most bitter.

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maybe check Ashley Young thread after his dive vs us at Old Trafford 😉

OT but I'm not happy AY is back especially after the CC dive against United.

Playing him at Left Wing against Watford was an appalling decision by DS. He hasn't played there in about 5 years. Admittedly he's looked more solid at LB.

Out of all the players that VT clammer to get back (Benteke etc) AY was the last. I would take James Milner because he's a professional but Young being back doesn't sit well with me - and Grealish ever coming back - Nope. Why bail on a project you want to rejoin later?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

OT but I'm not happy AY is back especially after the CC dive against United.

Playing him at Left Wing against Watford was an appalling decision by DS. He hasn't played there in about 5 years. Admittedly he's looked more solid at LB.

Out of all the players that VT clammer to get back (Benteke etc) AY was the last. I would take James Milner because he's a professional but Young being back doesn't sit well with me - and Grealish ever coming back - Nope. Why bail on a project you want to rejoin later?

Happens all the time in life though people leave a job for more money elsewhere then realise it's not about the money it's about being happy and return to the job they left.

Relationships too people go back to past loves.

Would not surprise me if Jack wanted to come back one day question is would we have moved on since then.

Ashley coming back is good business on our part it was not a sentimental signing it filled a gap we had.

• Like 2

Â