The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

Just to put the fee into context? Wasn't our entire club valued at about £50m about 10 yrs ago?

Just to put the fee into context. The prize money and merchandising we get for grealish playing for us is about 40 million. Is he worth -15 million pounds? 

I'd like to think the club would have had a cut off point for any deal to be done between both parties and this should have been about 3 - 4 weeks ago.

Selling him two weeks before the season starts really would be amateur hour we can ust right the season off if this is the case as i doubt a mass influx of new signings will be able to hit the ground running and have an instant impact.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

If we sell him i think we can kiss goodbye any designs of being a top 6 side any time soon.

What good is 100 mill when other clubs will over-inflate fees because they know we are loaded and we could end up with some real crap players like last time.

I refuse to believe that we can't become a better team if we invest £100m on 2 or 3 quality players, compared to everything going through a player that's never too far away from being out for a few months.

It won't have the magic of watching Jack dance around Villa Park, but this isn't the end of our owners' ambitions.

• Like 4

Curious to see what villa do.  100m for our captain, arguably the best chance creator in the premier league right now, who’s 25 and is open to the move.  He also has chronic shin issues and has missed a third of 3 of the last 4 seasons.

I appreciate they haven’t dicked around with offers 20m under asking like United did with sancho.

100m in the pocket now takes the shackles off from a FFP perspective.  Owners could pump in double or triple that over the next 3 years if they were inclined, can’t do that without the sale.

either way we are in a good spot here.

12 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Right and yet again we set the precedent of being bullied and selling the player..so if one of those youth players steps up.and reaches the same level, guess what happens. They get sold too. And again backwards we go. On and on and on.

Platt, Yorke,Milner,Young, Barry, Grealish

See:

Carnrey, Louie Barry, Raikhy etc.

What's the point

The point is that there is more than one way to succeed. Go the Leicester way - sell a player for massive money and reinvest well, consistently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So Smith-Rowe was a replacement for Grealish all along?

No? We haven't sold Jack, are offering him a new contract, and ESR plays a different position.

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Giannis was at the end of his contract, so he was free to leave anywhere. Wes and co went all in, gave him the supermax deal and stripped the club from any valuable draft picks and got Holiday to give enough support to Giannis. It was a huge achievement and Wes was in the middle of it. I trust he'll play this one right too.

Ran out of reactions but thanks…

Yes, I just can’t see NSWE willing to let Jack leave (easily) as he is the key component to our ambitions and such a draw in so many ways…

I’m not thinking about the worst case scenario or reacting to it as we haven’t accepted a bid…

Prefer to focus on the here and now… bid’scome in, we can reject. Jack can’t force a move and I don’t expect him to try. That bloody agent though…

If he does go then we’ll find out whether we’ve been too reliant on one player as many pundits have been quick to point out.

One small consolation will be having the financial clout to rectify this.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I love the idea that we cannot criticise Percy. 

You can if you want but he's as good as it gets for information in the press about villa. 

Seems daft to dismiss him now just because you don't want it to be true.

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Opening bid ? That will be the price villa wanted , villa will accept it as jack wants out , this was reported by quite a few people in the last few days but everyone cried bullshit and he won’t leave us . 

the main thing now is we buy quality players and get on with preparing for the new season - ive seen this with Andy gray , platt, yorke and others - we must go on from here recruit well and life goes on . 

100 million is 20 mil a year. Jack is worth more than that in prize money alone. Selling him for that fee would be dumb as ****. 

39 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You can't say that isn't a decent offer. 
It's still 20-30m light, but still, they're not messing about. 

50m light. If Coutinho went for 140m 2-3 years ago, Jack is worth at a minimum 150m.

• Like 4

Â