The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

So the good news is that it can’t get any less than the £100m, so, I just hope we do hold out for more and there isn’t a stupid agreement in place which means £100m must be accepted - otherwise that would be seriously piss-poor. 

It’s a test in so many different ways, and I was hoping we would avoid it this season so we can have another go at progressing to see how far we can go. 

I’m confident there is a plan. But the final outcome of this transfer saga, in my opinion, is only going to go one way and we aren’t going to like it. 

Edited by Tayls

It’s a real shame but think we will probably come to an agreement with city and he will be gone. At the end of the day though, teams like Leicester have lost Kante + mahrez and managed fine. I’m sure we will do the same 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

No indication we’d accept or want £100m. It’s their opening bid, no suggestive of what we have said - if anything 

For me the thing is the only reason we are negotiating is if they come in with an absolutely stupid offer. Like 200+ million. Otherwise we shouldn't even consider selling. 

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Never thought they would offer £100m. Shocked by that. 
Come on Villa please reject 

If we hadn't rejected it would be villa accept 100 million. Not City bid. We obviously want way more cash. 

Edit: If we were to sell. Which we won't. 

Edited by MotoMkali

1 minute ago, AerialThreat said:

If Villa are willing to sell, is there any chance that you boys could get any of their players as part of the deal? (Would you want any of them?)

No. We've made that mistake before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are Citeh seriously contemplating going into next season with their current striking option?

They surely can't afford £100m+ on Grealish AND a top striker?   Could they do £120-£150m or so on Jack an then another £40m on Tammy?  They're surely not going to be able to spend more than £40m on a different striker.

Edited by sidcow

Devils's advocate...

£100,000,000+ for a player who has missed a third of three of the last four seasons. Youngsters coming through who can try to take on the mantle as our Home Grown Hero, and £100,000,000+ to spend on new players. 

Taking off the Grealish glasses, there are slim positives to this. 

(He's staying though, contract will be signed next week). 

1 minute ago, AerialThreat said:

If Villa are willing to sell, is there any chance that you boys could get any of their players as part of the deal? (Would you want any of them?)

Maybe City will offer 100m and a player they think is surplus who knows.

5 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Can any of you imagine signing up to a leeds forum and pretending to be a leeds fan?

Really odd behaviour.

Small club mentality. A consequence of the widescale inbreeding in Yorkshire

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

For me the thing is the only reason we are negotiating is if they come in with an absolutely stupid offer. Like 200+ million. Otherwise we shouldn't even consider selling. 

FWIW I think we'll definitely reject £100m but I expect Jack will say he wants to leave and we'll have to do a deal for £120-140m.

What's gas to me is that none of the governing bodies will see these bids in excess of £100m and think "Hang on a minute... Have they got that money to spend without breaching FFP?"

Unless they already have outgoing deals lined up, it's presumptuous of them. Then again they don't mind breaking the rules and dealing with the consequences later.

• Like 1

If you think about it, in this day and age, what could we do with 100m on the recruitment side? Three good players, who would all take time to bed in? The market is so inflated that £100m for a player of Jack’s calibre is probably a steal.  

£125m plus some extras and we’ll come to the table. 

Im looking forward to the board’s response. 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache

Â