The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Its a lot of money and it will test the board.

IMO the only way the board will except a bid is if they know Jack wants to leave.

Now if he does...we need to take them to the cleaners.....130...140.

I get the playing for medals....but id like to think Jack knows deep down...after the days of winning he will just be another player who played for City and won something....they come...they go......here he will be given the key to the city....when he retires this will be the thing that will stick with him forever.

City fans wont give a rats ass in 10 years when he is retired because they will have another superstar in the ranks.

Lets ask them about the Nasri's even Barry....won a few things but are they really idolised....i know which id prefer.....a shearer...a le tiss.......

Lets hope the board say foxtrot oscar...he is ours and we prep for a new season

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Awaits NSWE to tell them to stick the 100m.........please....

Yep, 100 mill will surely not cut it. It might be fair, but why would we settle for fair (if we indeed sell him)?

If Villa sell him for 100 mill, I am disappoint. Heavily.

11 minutes ago, villanmac said:

So in the last half hour, Grealish (well his team) are deleting his cmon United tweets now lol. What a game 😆

Apparently they did that last week too, he must’ve posted soooo many of them.

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

You're right, not a direct comparison at all. But, Wes knows what he's doing and isn't fazed with the amounts. The guy's track record is strong. I believe in him.

I believe in Wes and the management team as well but this has little to do with them. They have offered Jack a pay raise for the 2nd year running. That's almost unheard of. 

This is solely down to Jack and his desires. 

• Like 1

As others have said, he is completely irreplaceable for us. If he goes, we cannot attract a player of the same calibre and it sets us back mightily. Can we build a stronger all-round team with the money? Possibly, but there are no guarantees that any new players can replicate what Jack has given us, or that they will integrate flawlessly into the system. It's just fraught with risk and the message it sends about our ambition is killer, all talk of "the project" etc becomes just more empty words as we've seen so many times in the past. 

• Like 1

I could stomach it if he left for 130m. I'd still have a breakdown. But I could stomach it. 

100m and it's either very bad business or that is a fee that has been agreed upon either via a handshake or on a piece of paper. 

• Like 1

For what it's worth. 
IF he does stay, it will be oh so much sweeter knowing that they bid 100m and he decided to stay. It will make him even more of a hero than he currently is now. 

Come on Jack. Believe in the project!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Indeed just another fish in the pond there , squad rotation etc , 

If they spend £100m on him, he's not going to be 'just another fish in the pond'. Of course he won't play every game, because they have too many, but he's going to play more than most with that price tag on his head.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I could stomach it if he left for 130m. I'd still have a breakdown. But I could stomach it. 

100m and it's either very bad business or that is a fee that has been agreed upon either via a handshake or on a piece of paper. 

130m doesn't sound much better. What is 30m to NSWE?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

I believe in Wes and the management team as well but this has little to do with them. They have offered Jack a pay raise for the 2nd year running. That's almost unheard of. 

This is solely down to Jack and his desires. 

Wes can sell the future to him. Like they did for Giannis. Pay him 300k a week, or whatever.

And to all our fans' luck: he has to follow it up.

But yes, all cards are in Jack's hand.

Just now, maqroll said:

Steady on..

It's true though, we would be selling the player who does many things for the club and it's the wrong time to sell him while ever we don't have no more players like Jack who could be a luring point.

We have to bring more quality players in on Jack's level before we sell Jack on or we will be stuck at pulling in a certain level of player each season and never get on the type that City or pool themselves are on.

We have to keep him for a good many reasons.

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

At least we know FFP is a load of bull if this happens. Might as well go for ALL the players.

Very much this. If they can ignore ffp then why are we selling grealish for those very same rules?

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Do you think other Villa players will be pleading with Jack to stay or will they just stay out of it? 

I would hope they would be in his ear about staying too.

16 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If they accept £100m I’ll be bitterly disappointed with the club and question this so called ‘project’.

What a crap summer this has been.

I disagree. We broke the club transfer record by beating Arsenal to Buendia, we almost prised away ESR from them, we've been linked to Alvarez, Bailey, JWP, and a few other very good players. We've been at the center of things for most of the window. I for one love it. And we still have a chance to retain our talisman!

Â