The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, AerialThreat said:

Interesting. I find most people on VT to be welcoming and keen to chat football with people from outside of the Villa bubble. It provides a different perspective for everyone.

(At least that was my experience last year when I signed up to give you lot the low down on Emi Martinez.)

Guess there are always a few bad apples like you in every walk of life though.

I'm a "bad apple" because I think it strange how people sign up to another team's forum? 

Yeah you know me so well....

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Pep has said that on a few occasions as well.

He has said it during games when asked by the reporter is "can they expect Grealish at City next season? to which he would reply " I have been a fan of Grealish for a long time but in all seriousness Aston Villa would want way more than any club would ever be willing to pay for him"

Just now, Davkaus said:

I refuse to believe that we can't become a better team if we invest £100m on 2 or 3 quality players, compared to everything going through a player that's never too far away from being out for a few months.

It won't have the magic of watching Jack dance around Villa Park, but this isn't the end of our owners' ambitions.

I've got to agree and have said as much.

We can build a far superior team to when he was here. We have ready begun.

Minus the one " superstar " , the ego, and constant speculation.

Buendia and Bailey would be a great start, whatever money we get for him, gets us at least 2 more very high calibre players.

TEAM.

This would be more of a morale hit and dissappointment than anything else for me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I don't see Villa accepting it. Man City bidding is not the same as accepted right?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is their all in, take or leave it. So, leave it. Its not worth it.

Provided the terms are right (i.e. that 100m isn't over the next 5 years or something mental) then we find that pretty difficult to turn down. I'm not sure we should do either. We make it clear he's welcome to stay on an improved contract but really feel now the decision is his. He's earned the right with his performances over the last few seasons and with his injury record that some have stated already (injury hit the last 3 seasons) who knows how long his shins have. I highly doubt he's going to have the longevity of a Messi or Ronaldo and play into mid-late 30s.

The concern has to be about replacing him adequately. Even with 100m burning a hole in our pockets we won't attract anyone at that level, but we can certainly sign players in multiple positions that will vastly improve the squad and maybe take us forward. That needs to happen or others in the squad will start to get heads turned and we'll find ourselves in this position with Martinez and Watkins next year.

It sucks we're in this position but if managed correctly we can still come out of this in a decent position.

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If this goes through (which I think it will at this point) what a complete kick in the balls for our pre-season preparation. 

So much work to do still in just a few weeks. 

I'd expect Bailey and Alvarez to be announced straight away and maybe 1-2 more after that.

We can get hostile all we want but Percy' s reputation precedes him. He doesn't do dud stories. City have made their move, if it's the asking price Villa want and Jack wants to go - i see no reason to drag this out.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Buendia and Bailey would be a great start, whatever money we get for him, gets us at least 2 more very high calibre players.

TEAM.

This would be more of a morale hit and dissappointment than anything else for me.

Yeah things will work out. 

We have wealthy owners with huge ambitions. Our youth team is set for year. We will spend the money Jack brings in. 

These owners didn't buy the club for Jack. We will continue to grow. It will be a shame if we achieve these things without him. 

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

50m light. If Coutinho went for 140m 2-3 years ago, Jack is worth at a minimum 150m.

That gets you to the minimum value the club would need to even consider selling. As that's just his rae competitive value. Anything less and we have been robbed. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

TEAM.

If we can fetch Bailey in or someone else that could become a superstar quickly at Villa and do similar things to Jack then the loss wouldn't be noticed as much.

• Like 1

Just now, Dave-R said:

Pep has said that on a few occasions as well.

He has said it during games when asked by the reporter is "can they expect Grealish at City next season? to which he would reply " I have been a fan of Grealish for a long time but in all seriousness Aston Villa would want way more than any club would ever be willing to pay for him"

They need a goalscorer more than anything.

They are under scrutiny and could face further sanctions…

I don’t see why they’re prioritising Jack and how they could afford or be allowed to splash out on a top striker too…

Hopefully, they will fall on their faces and be found out… financial doping and whatnot… buying the league should not be allowed…

Â