The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, AerialThreat said:

The comments here about player valuations are spot on. It's not really about the player's ability at all in the end.

The fee is just the sweet spot between the buying club's desire to get the player vs the selling clubs desire to keep.

Hence why teams can never shift unwanted players for decent fees, as most of the league, especially my team, are finding out right now.

For a player like Jack, it's a different story and I reckon Villa can hold out for at least another £20m here.

This is why it does my head in when fans of other clubs say things like "oh he's not worth that much' etc. Not just about Grealish, I mean players in general.

Any club has the right to demand whatever price they want for any of their players. It's then up to a buyer to match that fee. It doesn't matter what Paul Pogba once went for when talking about how much Grealish is worth to Villa.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sky saying no formal offer yet, I wonder if some numbnut ITK has done a number on Percy. 

Where has this originated from today I wonder with this offer on the table?

1 minute ago, MadridVilla said:

Never thought City would bid 9 figures and to be honest, the fact they have says it’s curtains for Jack at Villa. They’ve met the supposed asking price so this is only going one way now. 

No one actually knows what the asking price is in fairness, the figure has come from the press. Until our board formally accept any bid, if at all, none of us have any clue waht the asking price is. Plus our owners don't need the money, so it's completely feasible there is no asking price and they could just flatly refuse to sell, which would put the ball in Jacks court as to whether he gets his head down, or puts in a transfer request.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The bid is worrying IMO - not because we have to do anything with it, but clubs generally sound out a player about a move before bothering with a formal bid.  If the bid is correct, then it seems Jack has an interest in joining City.

Totally. The bid is almost the last piece of the jigsaw these days. Grealish would of been in indirect contact with City through his agency for a while I'm sure.

• Like 1

Percy is as trusted as it gets. And if a bid has gone in then guaranteed Jack and his agent have said they're open to a move. 

Now the question is do we ask for more? Refuse any bid? And does Jack accept that or kick up a fuss?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Visiting Supporters on VT to discuss Villa and Grealish.

Sad, wouldn't waste my time on another team's forum....guess they don't have much going on in their lives!

Nothing wrong with going to another forum to discuss football talk, I certainly don't mind other fans coming here it also make VT more appealing I think that we have different relations with other clubs fans.

• Like 1

I don't see Villa accepting it. Man City bidding is not the same as accepted right?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is their all in, take or leave it. So, leave it. Its not worth it.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

I’m relaxed mate. I’m just not giving undue kudos to a journalist because he’s gotten a few things right over the years. 

It’s shit news, I know, but it’s safe to say Man City have indeed made that bid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah, I'm not so sure this is actually true. We've all bought into it immediately because its Percy (me included) but there are wildly conflicting stories coming out from different outlets. 

I would be astonished if City opened with a £100m bid. 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Sky know nowt.

Percy doesn't report nonsense.

No release clause does interest me tho.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Sky also saying villa wanted £100m 

Percy has been quiet for days, maybe some YTS kid Is filling in for him🤣

Percy probably does have the best little black book but his surely his contact doesn't have access to the amounts quoted. 

Highly suspicious. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Percy is as trusted as it gets. And if a bid has gone in then guaranteed Jack and his agent have said they're open to a move. 

Now the question is do we ask for more? Refuse any bid? And does Jack accept that or kick up a fuss?

This is precisely where we are with this whole transfer..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah, I'm not so sure this is actually true. We've all bought into it immediately because its Percy (me included) but there are wildly conflicting stories coming out from different outlets. 

I would be astonished if City opened with a £100m bid. 

Opening bid ? That will be the price villa wanted , villa will accept it as jack wants out , this was reported by quite a few people in the last few days but everyone cried bullshit and he won’t leave us . 

the main thing now is we buy quality players and get on with preparing for the new season - ive seen this with Andy gray , platt, yorke and others - we must go on from here recruit well and life goes on . 

• Like 1

Â