The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Did Wes ever receive and reject an offer for Giannis?

We need to hang tight, this isn’t over. So what if they made a bid? We can reject it…

Giannis was at the end of his contract, so he was free to leave anywhere. Wes and co went all in, gave him the supermax deal and stripped the club from any valuable draft picks and got Holiday to give enough support to Giannis. It was a huge achievement and Wes was in the middle of it. I trust he'll play this one right too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Percy’s a tap-in merchant. 

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Percy has been quiet for days, maybe some YTS kid Is filling in for him🤣

Percy probably does have the best little black book but his surely his contact doesn't have access to the amounts quoted. 

Highly suspicious. 

Think of it like this 150 million is 30 million a year over a 5 year deal. Grealish is worth much more than that. Why would we sell for that much?

Id want at least 200 million. And I'd probably still be upset with 250. **** City, they can't buy him. 

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

This is why it does my head in when fans of other clubs say things like "oh he's not worth that much' etc. Not just about Grealish, I mean players in general.

Any club has the right to demand whatever price they want for any of their players. It's then up to a buyer to match that fee. It doesn't matter what Paul Pogba once went for when talking about how much Grealish is worth to Villa.

Not many clubs have a Grealish, a world class player who is “one of our own”, they just don’t get it…

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Where has this originated from today I wonder with this offer on the table?

It was mentioned all morning 100m possible valuation, seems odd percy now comes out with 100m, everyone has been hacked.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The bid is worrying IMO - not because we have to do anything with it, but clubs generally sound out a player about a move before bothering with a formal bid.  If the bid is correct, then it seems Jack has an interest in joining City.

Or Jack’s agent has.

I still think this is Smith-Rowe all over again. The player wants to stay and is willing to sign a bigger contract but the agent is shopping him around telling clubs he’s willing to move to drum up a better contract negotiating position. 

Having said that the money on offer from City must be starting to be tempting for the owners. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Giannis was at the end of his contract, so he was free to leave anywhere. Wes and co went all in, gave him the supermax deal and stripped the club from any valuable draft picks and got Holiday to give enough support to Giannis. It was a huge achievement and Wes was in the middle of it. I trust he'll play this one right too.

Giannis wasn't at the end of a contract he still had a year left. To keep him Bucks had to go all in as most teams do to keep their superstars. Giannis saw that and signed an extension worth ~260 million

• Like 2

If we sell him i think we can kiss goodbye any designs of being a top 6 side any time soon.

What good is 100 mill when other clubs will over-inflate fees because they know we are loaded and we could end up with some real crap players like last time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Just Mings, McGinn, Watkins in the kit launch pics?

No coincidence that they only used players without the letter E in their surnames to model the kit methinks.

Not a chance that we accept £100m in my opinion, £150m maybe.

We must have a plan here, two weeks before the season starts and this could seriously disrupt the rest of pre season unless sorted pretty quickly. We’d also need to spend the money (this is all assuming he actually leaves).

if we were to accept a bid, I wonder how much the club are considering his injury record and the fact it was a similar injury a couple of seasons ago. 

All hypothetical of course. They may have no intention of accepting any bid. What is for definite is that it needs sorting as soon as possible.

Giannis example is pointless. American sports are set up to allow teams to offer massive deals to try and get stars to stay. And basketball in particular is a sport where 1 man can turn a team into a championship contender. 

It's not the same here. 

Â