The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Don_Simon said:

Devils's advocate...

£100,000,000+ for a player who has missed a third of three of the last four seasons. Youngsters coming through who can try to take on the mantle as our Home Grown Hero, and £100,000,000+ to spend on new players. 

Taking off the Grealish glasses, there are slim positives to this. 

(He's staying though, contract will be signed next week). 

Guess or ITK?

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Jack is worth a lot of money to the club as a player, in terms of building a team, bringing other players and marketing profile.

Do we think NSWE will want to sell their golden goose?

Did Wes ever receive and reject an offer for Giannis?

We need to hang tight, this isn’t over. So what if they made a bid? We can reject it…

• Like 1

Just now, AerialThreat said:

If Villa are willing to sell, is there any chance that you boys could get any of their players as part of the deal? (Would you want any of them?)

I would say unlikely, simply because swap deals are so rare and also most of their players are on crazy money we'd be unlikely to want to match, and that's before having to convince them to come to us without European football to offer.

3 minutes ago, AerialThreat said:

If Villa are willing to sell, is there any chance that you boys could get any of their players as part of the deal? (Would you want any of them?)

Nope

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Devils's advocate...

£100,000,000+ for a player who has missed a third of three of the last four seasons. Youngsters coming through who can try to take on the mantle as our Home Grown Hero, and £100,000,000+ to spend on new players. 

Thing is, £100m just simply isn't as much as it used to be. I'd be open to selling but not for that little.

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Jack is worth a lot of money to the club as a player, in terms of building a team, bringing other players and marketing profile.

Do we think NSWE will want to sell their golden goose?

To the club,to fans as a player Jack is worth way more than 100m, he is vital to the clubs progress and losing him would be going backwards.

Now look at the way Wes Eden's has conducted business with his basketball team, he's far more likely to keep hold of his best stars than he is let them go to some cheating club who want to flash cheaters money at Villa.

Our Owners don't need the money and because of that they will say no, a big F'in nooooooooooooooo..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Devils's advocate...

Right and yet again we set the precedent of being bullied and selling the player..so if one of those youth players steps up.and reaches the same level, guess what happens. They get sold too. And again backwards we go. On and on and on.

Platt, Yorke,Milner,Young, Barry, Grealish

See:

Carnrey, Louie Barry, Raikhy etc.

What's the point

• Like 1

The comments here about player valuations are spot on. It's not really about the player's ability at all in the end.

The fee is just the sweet spot between the buying club's desire to get the player vs the selling clubs desire to keep.

Hence why teams can never shift unwanted players for decent fees, as most of the league, especially my team, are finding out right now.

For a player like Jack, it's a different story and I reckon Villa can hold out for at least another £20m here.

The bid is worrying IMO - not because we have to do anything with it, but clubs generally sound out a player about a move before bothering with a formal bid.  If the bid is correct, then it seems Jack has an interest in joining City.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sky saying no formal offer yet, I wonder if some numbnut ITK has done a number on Percy. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Percy’s lying - it’s well stated that Kane is their top target, not Jack. 

Yeah, I'm not so sure this is actually true. We've all bought into it immediately because its Percy (me included) but there are wildly conflicting stories coming out from different outlets. 

I would be astonished if City opened with a £100m bid. 

It's not just about us though, we'd be doing the whole league a favour including ourselves by saying no to City. We may not be stopping them entirely but we'd be haltingthere progress a bit, they see something in Grealish that can benefit them and they know they will be unstoppable for seasons to come if they get there hands on him

Villas Owners have to say no at all costs or it'd be like the empre taking over the galaxy in star wars lol.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sky saying no formal offer yet, I wonder if some numbnut ITK has done a number on Percy. 

Sky know nowt.

Percy doesn't report nonsense.

No release clause does interest me tho.

Â