The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, tomav84 said:

I couldn't...seeing him in a city shirt would be heartbreaking. I couldn't watch it.

It’s probably one of the only clubs I could handle him at. I don’t really know a single city fan. Had he gone Liverpool, United or Arsenal I don’t think I could handle that. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jas10 said:

Hang in there, this isn’t over…

Even if the worst happens, yes we may suffer a short term setback, but I’m sure NSWE will strengthen us and make us more competitive.

I don’t expect Jack to leave… let’s see how things pan out. Just because a bid has been placed, that doesn’t mean it will be automatically accepted…

But everyone said that about Lerner at the beginning and look how that panned out. 

The owners have been great up to now but this summer has been poor IMO and if we sell him this late it doesn’t look good in my view, especially for £100m which isn’t enough. We were woeful without him last season.

I’m hoping they do the right thing and reject, even if that breaks the British transfer record he’s worth more to us than that.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s probably one of the only clubs I could handle him at. I don’t really know a single city fan. Had he gone Liverpool, United or Arsenal I don’t think I could handle that. 

Granted, it's the lesser of all evils. I still can't watch though. 

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Not a direct one to one comparison. The NBA has it setup that the original team can offer more years and a higher salary than competing teams for a player. 

This is the exact opposite Jack can get far more money from Man City than he could ever dream of here. 

The NBA forces a much more level playing field and doesn't allow teams like a City to just hoover up talent. Maybe the Prem should think about doing the same, otherwise deals like this will continue to happen. 

You're right, not a direct comparison at all. But, Wes knows what he's doing and isn't fazed with the amounts. The guy's track record is strong. I believe in him.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

They need a goalscorer more than anything.

They are under scrutiny and could face further sanctions…

I don’t see why they’re prioritising Jack and how they could afford or be allowed to splash out on a top striker too…

Hopefully, they will fall on their faces and be found out… financial doping and whatnot… buying the league should not be allowed…

City fans deny it but there is a level of destabilising going on if they take Jack off of us. Sure they get an ace player but at the same time it creates multiple problems having Jack off of us.

Many a club will be saying right now or thinking please don't do it NSWE and Villa, don't give into the greed and they are right we shouldn't.

If City take Jack then everyone in this league may as well give in for a title shot.

City taking Jack not only halts out progress but moves City firmly in pole position without competition and Villa who moves on backwards.

This Europe talk we keep going on about won't happen for decades if we lose Jack, we need better players than what we have now to mount those kind of challenges but hey let's just give up our best, it makes no sense to me.

City do need a striker more than anything you are right Jas, but they are seeing an opportunity here to do alot of damage to everyone else around them and make sure they are the cream of the crop for the better part of a next decade.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

OK - £150m and Jack never plays against Villa.

If he can't face up to playing against Villa then he already knows what to do. Think 100m will be rejected anyways! 

Edited by birdman

19 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

If we sell him i think we can kiss goodbye any designs of being a top 6 side any time soon.

What good is 100 mill when other clubs will over-inflate fees because they know we are loaded and we could end up with some real crap players like last time.

We have Buendia, and to be fair his stats weren’t that far off Grealish, just would’ve been nice to have had them both in same team, hopefully still happens. 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

But everyone said that about Lerner at the beginning and look how that panned out. 

The owners have been great up to now but this summer has been poor IMO and if we sell him this late it doesn’t look good in my view, especially for £100m which isn’t enough. We were woeful without him last season.

I’m hoping they do the right thing and reject, even if that breaks the British transfer record he’s worth more to us than that.

I’m not willing to say Jack is leaving or even react or have opinions on what happens if he does, there’s every chance that he will remain as things stand.

But it’s important to realise that Lerner was never even in the same league as NSWE. You can’t compare any of our previous owners to NSWE, their resources, competence, the amount of money they have pumped into the club…etc. etc.

They don’t need to talk the talk, they just walk the walk… look where they have taken us in such a short span of time…

Forget the past, it’s irrelevant.

All the evidence is there to prove that our owners have the club’s best interests at heart and want us to improve and become more successful in every way.

• Like 1

Â