The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You can only beat what's in front of you. 

We haven't been in a final since 66, has it always been top teams that knocked us out. 

We've accomplished something we've never done in my lifetime and most of the generation above me. And yet we're inventing stuff because our favourite villa player had to sacrifice for the team. 

I said nothing about Jack I was just commentating on the Southgate inferred genius and getting things right.  

I think he’s been lucky with fixtures and strength of opposition so far.  

With the talent at his disposal and the quality of teams faced so far, playing at home 5 out of 6 matches, everything has gone his way so far that he shouldn’t have failed so far but his team selections he’s tried his best to imo.  

He should get loads of credit if we win the final but I’m not on that bandwagon yet because he’s being over praised because of England’s past not based on the talent he has to hand, the home advantage and the average to poor opposition to date.  Win Sunday against a quality team and bring home the trophy and then, for me, he can get all the credit.

Edited by nick76

He is first sub when we need a goal that is good enough for me.  Will be needed in the final when we are 2 down at HT!

Rest easy Sweet Prince you are the best player on the planet Messi is asking Emi for a signed Grealish shirt as we speak!

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Jack needs to get focused again because his time will come again in the final I am sure.

I’m not sure we’ll see Jack again in the tournament actually. 

The thing I feel most sorry for him is the fact that when he is brought on for short spells, he’s expected to do the miraculous. Nobody else is under that intense immediate pressure, he’s never allowed to grow into a game or develop relationships with team mates in the way the others have. He’s not a super sub but hey, we’re in a final, got no choice other than to enjoy it.

Just now, nick76 said:

I said nothing about Jack I was just commentating on the Southgate inferred genius and getting things right.  

I think he’s been lucky with fixtures and strength of opposition so far.  

With the talent at his disposal and the quality of teams faced so far, playing at home 5 out of 6 matches, everything has gone his way so far that he shouldn’t have failed so far but his team selections he’s tried his bestto.  

He should get loads of credit if we win the final but I’m not on that bandwagon yet because he’s being over praised because of England’s past not based on the talent he has to hand, the home advantage and the average to poor opposition to date.  Win Sunday against a quality team and bring home the trophy and then, for me, he can get all the credit.

I didn't mean you. I'm on about those who genuinely think Southgates priority this game was to emotionally abuse Jack Grealish.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Poor lad, probably couldn't see what he was typing through the tears.

To be fair, after initially looking well pissed off, he was jumping, laughing and celebrating with them .

He'll be ok, he's also tying to be mature and professional, which is good to see. Even through adversity.

It will also make him appreciate where he is truly loved, a bit more I would think.

• Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, after initially looking well pissed off, he was jumping, laughing and celebrating with them .

He'll be ok, he's also tying to be mature and professional, which is good to see. Even through adversity.

It will also make him appreciate where he is truly loved, a bit more I would think.

He is so laid back he will take it in his stride and try to win it on Sunday.  Other fans are probably laughing at us for being butthurt the same way we are laughing at Arsenal fans at the moment.

• Like 2

Just now, a m ole said:

If Dean Smith had done the same you’d all be frothing at the mouth too.

We can all play these games.

If you’re enjoying England being in the final, get on with it.

If Dean Smith had made a decision and got us to a final we'd all be frothing at the mouth? No, I really wouldn't. 

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

He is so laid back he will take it in his stride and try to win it on Sunday.  Other fans are probably laughing at us for being butthurt the same way we are laughing at Arsenal fans at the moment.

Absolutely. This is Liverpool/Newcastle levels of embarrassment. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He realises it's about the team and that's the most important thing , Grealish will have his role as will all players

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

Not sure if this has been posted.

stan collymore had his pic taken with jacks dad, someone asked him to ask jacks dad about Grealish contract.

apparently this was the response which was swiftly deleted.

• Like 1

Think as well he’s come on ahead of Sancho, ahead of Rashford, etc etc. They haven’t even had a kick. He’s got himself right into the mix in this squad going into the final which considering where he was a year ago is amazing. Fair play to him. 

Will be needed against Italy I think. They look class and don’t concede many.

• Like 4

Â