The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I hope we win the Final, Jack and Tyrone still get winners medals. 

I also think another manager would of got us to the final. Only team we've beaten to take note of is Germany who beat Portgual lost to France and drew against Hungary. 

I think all Southgate does is manage the media well and keep a good mood in camp… but the credit I’ll give him is far more ‘qualified’ coaches and managers and tacticians have failed to do those things. In fact doing those things is probably 90% of the very weird job that is England manager. So while I don’t really rate him as a coach, I can see that much better coaches would have failed to deliver this. It’s complex! International management is not really about being a great coach - as you can tell by most of the rest of the coaches in the Euros to be fair…

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You can say all you want about Southgate brought Grealish off and we won, tactics blah blah. The point is why is he not starting in front of Saka. Grealish is 100 million pound player, is Saka?

Because he isn't competing with Saka nor is he competing with Mount.

Competing with Sterling and Rashford for that LWF spot which atm Sterling is doing an excellent job.

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's 100% been lucky. And in large parts tonight, we were poor. The invention in our passing is non existent at times. Maybe I'm sometimes biased because I prefer a certain style of football, but the amount of times we could have played balls through the lines and opted not to, was just depressing. It let Denmark control the midfield in large parts (until they tired), and we didn't have to let that happen. The amount of times our possession ended up with a Pickford hoof was laughable.

And Kane, praise him for scoring all you want, was horrendous tonight. Awful decision making for the majority of that game.

I think I must have been watching a different game. Penalty apart, Kane was excellent tonight. I just can’t understand the negativity. We were the better team and we’re in a Euros final. I’m disappointed for Jack but the end justifies the means. 

6 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Sterling has missed more penalties than he’s scored in his career.

So what, he takes penalties , Grealish doesn’t..

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He is clearly only about 80% fit, can people really not see that?

Nor is Maguire who has played every minute of every game since returning from injury, despite Mings deputising very well in his absence. So him being 80% fit has feck all to do with it tbh

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Grealish starts the final or Southgate can **** off forever. Mixed feelings. I'm desperately sad, as because of the ridiculous decision to sub the sub, I threw a pint at the TV and now the TV is dead on one side. Let me tell you about this front room TV. It's size and proportion have been described online as 'Kitchen size', but I've never budged on upgrading. Not once in 16 years. Not when one of the kids threw a Lego brick at it with such force a number of pixels died, their minute white squares occupying the screen forever. When I asked what on earth he was thinking, he answered, "My brain went crazy." Not even when some years later his younger brother decided the best use of his beaker full of milk was to shake it into the bottom right hand corner, causing a tennis ball-size malfunction to bleach the screen from that moment. Still I wouldn't budge. The TV had character, had a story. What even is a 'smart' TV?

Then came tonight. Seeing our Jack, the sub, being subbed off.... I can't tell you how sad I am that I'm the one to finally kill off the TV. My feeling is we can live with this.

TV.jpg

EDIt:

Reread the post in it's entirety, but still not sure I get it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I think Jack's been protected throughout the tournament. This confirms it for me, rest up Jack, we might need a spark in the final.

Indeed, protected from making an impact. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's a more difficult situation to understand from a football perspective if you start from where I start - Jack Grealish is England's best player.

Hopefully he starts the final and becomes a legend.

I think it's incredibly likely that's no more minutes for him for England. Perhaps ever under Southgate...only thing on his side is he lifts the crowd, so that might be a tempter for Sunday.

Fair play?

Gareth Southgate explains Jack Grealish substitution during extra-time of England win over Denmark | Evening Standard

That involved a shift in formation to a back-three, meaning Southgate had to sacrifice an attacker, and with Raheem Sterling’s pace still a vital outlet, the England boss was left with a choice between Grealish and fellow substitute Phil Foden, who had only made his entrance during the first-half of extra-time.

“He’s fine,” Southgate told BBC Radio 5Live. “He understood, he was terrific when he came on he gave us momentum but we know when they’ve gone behind in games they’ve thrown four men up front so we needed to get an extra defender on just to make sure we were more solid and I wanted to keep Raheem’s [Sterling] speed on so it meant taking one of the two boys off who had just come on.”

Working on ITV’s coverage, former Manchester United midfielder Roy Keane hailed the change as evidence of Southgate’s ruthless streak.

“He is a nice guy, but you have to be nasty to work at this level,” Keane said. “Jack will have to look at the bigger picture. Gareth is nasty enough to make these decisions, as we saw tonight.”

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

Â