The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Not sure if this has been posted.

stan collymore had his pic taken with jacks dad, someone asked him to ask jacks dad about Grealish contract.

apparently this was the response which was swiftly deleted.

Isn't that the picture from last year? 

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Think as well he’s come on ahead of Sancho, ahead of Rashford, etc etc. They haven’t even had a kick. He’s got himself right into the mix in this squad going into the final which considering where he was a year ago is amazing. Fair play to him. 

Will be needed against Italy I think. They look class and don’t concede many.

Exactly. 

Foden, Sancho and Rashford and he's first on both times we've needed a goal. 

Maybe Southgate was just building him up so he could destroy him later. 

The annoying thing is thinking that we need to see the game out and keep the ball and he's taken off the player who's the best on the ball which is madness

This whole subbing a sub, embarrassmentx shame stuff is bollocks though 

**** that, more than played his part and should be a happy boy tonight 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I think (hope) a lot of our own fans are laughing at us for being so blinkered that we can say a manager that's got England to a semifinal and then a final in successive tournaments is a fraud and that Grealish was embarrassed. It was a tactical substitution that worked. We won. We're in a final. A Villa player played a part in that. 

What kind of joyless monsters are some of you. This has happened once and it was 55 years ago. Try be happy 

The thing is, I agree with BOTH sides of the coin.

- I was gutted for Jack, and thought it was a bit embarrassing. ( Especially because we know how much he loves to play, that will have been shellshock for him, compared to what he is used to )

- In the grand scheme of things though, Southgate does deserve the credit, as he has continued to get the results, regardless of whether people agree with his choices or not.

I do think it will be a valuable lesson for Jack though.

I don't think the feelings/viewpoints have to be mutually exclusive.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Haven’t read the thread for the last half hour so don’t know what’s been said, however Jack was put on when we needed a goal, during that time we dominated, he contributed and eventually we scored. Fifteen minutes left we need to defend as his job was done, bring on a defender who happens to take penalties which Jack doesn’t and Kane and Sterling do, there is no shame or embarrassment he played his part in a winning squad , job done. People might not like it but Southgate uses a squad to win games and at the moment it clearly works.

Nope. You only play the best players at all times.

Beckham lampard Gerrard Scholes Rooney owen.

Then bring on a big man.

Maybe.

None of this flexible shit where you tailor for different scenarios and actually win games.

I hope we win the Final, Jack and Tyrone still get winners medals. 

I also think another manager would of got us to the final. Only team we've beaten to take note of is Germany who beat Portgual lost to France and drew against Hungary. 

17 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I've no issue with it and would have done the same thing. The reason this England team is successful is they may decisions to benefit the team and not the individual. 

Southgate wanted another defender.

Sterling was on fire. 

Grealish hasn't really taken his chance, it was him or foden.

The way we played that second half, his decision was completely vindicated. 

I just hope it doesn't get turned into a big deal, were in the final, that's all that matters. What a team.

What chance was that? The Czech game or German? The 20 minutes against Scotland or 26 mins tonight when he put a chance on a plate for Kane? Struggling to understand what chance Jack hasn't taken? He's had limited minutes and still changed games in England's favour. What did you expect, a couple of hatricks. 

I don't mind the nonsense talk about Sterling, who incidentally could've had a couple of assists if he wasn't so greedy. A selfish player who is getting praised for being predominantly wasteful. But then say Jack hasn't not doing enough.....not having that. Your talking nonsense. 

• Like 2

Villa Fan George embarassing himself on TalkSport. Sulking cos Gareth took Jack off. It was a big call yes which invited them on but we won. Heard an interview where Gareth has said it was Grealish or Foden and Foden came on later so realistically it was only ever Grealish. Job done on. Jack will play a part Sunday unless we are 4-0 up after 60 mins 😂

Any other Nation at this tournament would start with both Grealish & Foden in every game. Southgate has drilled & shackled the team brilliantly so far. That’s prob the issue with jack. We could be playing teams off the pitch with the attacking talent we’ve got but it’s safety first… Frustrating though that is, we are in a final. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I didn't mean you. I'm on about those who genuinely think Southgates priority this game was to emotionally abuse Jack Grealish.

This.

I don’t buy into this belief that Southgate hates Jack. He has used Jack when he feels he needs too. So far every decision has been the right one. 

It was a tactical decision and it paid off. We are in our first final for over 50 years. 

• Like 1

I think it's a more difficult situation to understand from a football perspective if you start from where I start - Jack Grealish is England's best player.

Hopefully he starts the final and becomes a legend.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Not sure if this has been posted.

stan collymore had his pic taken with jacks dad, someone asked him to ask jacks dad about Grealish contract.

apparently this was the response which was swiftly deleted.

That pic was from last year in Sep when he signed the 5 yr deal.  Or hes just using this to indicate Jack will sign a new contract.  I’m no more wiser.

35 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I was dead against Southgate during the first couple of games but he's done everything asked of him so far. 

He hasn't got a good performance out of England in five years.

• Like 1

Think Southgate like Ole could do a decent job at a big club.

They aren't winners or tactical geniuses but you cannot argue the value they add by creating a happy camp. Man management is so, so important in the modern game.

I can see strong similarities between the 2. 

Still don't think he's got a great tactical nouse which is why i can see Italy winning it.

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Isn't that the picture from last year? 

Yes. 

Fun fact, our dog is Jack’s pups brother. 

• Like 3

Â