The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I dislike Southgate as much as the next man and have issues with his Grealish relationship but he turned to him when he needed a goal against Germany, he turned to him today and he’ll likely turn to him when Italy go ahead at the weekend. However it all plays out Grealish and Mings have both played their part in getting to England’s first final in 55 years so I think they will be feeling pretty good despite not being on the field every minute/starting every game.

• Like 2

Just now, R.Bear said:

There's two things that need to be made very clear here.

1. If Foden was subbed off after coming on, no-one on here would give a shit.

2. England have reached the final.

Whatever your feelings are on Southgate's decision making, it doesnt change the two points above. I love as much as the next man but I'm not going to fall into this blinkered nonsensical vortex that some of you are happy to jump into.

Point one is sensational. You're so right. 

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

There's two things that need to be made very clear here.

1. If Foden was subbed off after coming on, no-one on here would give a shit.

2. England have reached the final.

Whatever your feelings are on Southgate's decision making, it doesnt change the two points above. I love Jack as much as the next man but I'm not going to fall into this blinkered nonsensical vortex that some of you are happy to jump into.

Foden plays for city so why should we haha

Just now, DCJonah said:

Poor lad, probably couldn't see what he was typing through the tears.

Good job it's text format. If this was in the pen and paper days his hand writing would be proper nobbled Guy Fawkes style from the Southgate torture.

• Like 1

This thread is a more worthy theatre for this comment...

'Wanting Italy to win the final is even more disresepctful l to Grealish than Southgate subbing him today. As much as I'm sure he was devastated to be subbed I'd imagine he'll be even more devastated if he's on the losing side in a cup final especially given the circumstances of it being England's first final in over fifty years. Same for Mings as well'

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Post match interview, not even asking why he subbed Jack 

Mad The Simpsons GIF

Early in the tournament all the talk with the TV pundits was about Jack. Now nothing. They’ve been silenced, words in ears etc. 

But we won and so we can look forward to Sunday now. I hope Jack plays a part and gets the chance he deserves. I think victory would be in spite of the manager rather than because of him though. 

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Early in the tournament all the talk with the TV pundits was about Jack. Now nothing. They’ve been silenced, words in ears etc. 

But we won and so we can look forward to Sunday now. I hope Jack plays a part and gets the chance he deserves. I think victory would be in spite of the manager rather than because of him though. 

They've been silenced because everything Southgate has done has been vindicated and the likes of Ian Wright aren't VT loons. 

If Jack is injured he shouldn't even be in the England squad. Jack won't get minutes in the final. Imagine if it was Foden getting subbed?

Sterling was good tonight, but man managing taking him off for Trippier would of been fine. Italy took off Insigne which is the equivalent of Sterling.

Thing that cracks me up is City are after Jack to replace Sterling 😂

16 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Southgate is on record saying he's managing an injury with Jack, and don't think he can play a full game. Him being a sub and then coming off when the game reaches halfway through extra time would make perfect sense if that were true. Same with him not playing against Ukraine when he was clearly not needed.

What doesn't make sense is Jack being the first and only sub in the initial 90 minutes if Gareth hates him. He just would have brought Foden or Sancho on if that were the case, and given Grealish 10 minutes at the end.

Seems a bit strange to disbelieve what the manager is saying and push an alternative narrative that makes far less sense.

Congratulations, you just earned you're deluded badge.🤪

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Imagine holding a vendetta against somebody so bad to embarrass him in the biggest game of his career. what a piece of shit Southgate is

You can’t be serious , take the villa glasses off.

• Thanks 1

Â