The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Lads some of you need to get a grip. How can you genuinely believe Southgate has risked going out in a semi final to just have a pop at Jack Grealish. 

I don't think that he has.

I think taking off a player who has recently come on, and going from being in total control of a game to just running it into the corner with 15 minutes remaining is pretty desperate stuff that should never happen. 

Stuff like that can completely backfire, and could be what costs us the tournament in the end.

Can Imagine we go 1-0 up and with 30 minutes left he takes off all the attacking players and runs the ball into the corner.

Italy equalise and you've got nowhere left to go.

• Like 1

As much as I nearly kicked a hole in the TV when Jack was subbed off, I think Southgate has done us a favour.

Jack’s managed to have all the glory of reaching an international final without making his injury worse and without knackering himself out. He’ll be fresh for us next season and have a point to prove.

And in the moments he’s been on, he’s been class, and won a lot of new fans. When he stays at Villa, people will realise that we are back.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We are in a final, having conceded 1 goal the whole tournament. 

I was dead against Southgate during the first couple of games but he's done everything asked of him so far. 

I agree with that part but let’s not overlook we haven’t played a big team yet.  Even Germany were a declining former self of a team then Ukraine and Denmark.  Not exactly any powerhouses of Europe.  Thankfully most of them knocked themselves out of the draw or Italy went through them on the left hand side of the draw.  The Italy final is going to be the first powerhouse game we play, which is great.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t think you will find a Villa fan on these boards who agrees with the decision to take our captain off. 

At the same time, the talk about it being a personal vendetta is hilariously pathetic. 

Why on earth drag him off  then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

It's not just tonight though.

He wasn't picking championship players - then he picked Philips. Grealish was probably our best player in the warm up games - he turned the game against Germany - he's still only getting 20 of the bench - then he is subbed as sub.

Managers have favourites/ fall guys.

Managers having favourites is very different to him having a personal agenda against him. 

We needed to beat Germany, Jack came on first. We needed to win tonight, Jack came on first. 

Just now, KentVillan said:

As much as I nearly kicked a hole in the TV when Jack was subbed off, I think Southgate has done us a favour.

Jack’s managed to have all the glory of reaching an international final without making his injury worse and without knackering himself out. He’ll be fresh for us next season and have a point to prove.

And in the moments he’s been on, he’s been class, and won a lot of new fans. When he stays at Villa, people will realise that we are back.

I think Jack will need to be loved - which might just persuade him he's better of at villa than Man City.

Imagine how hungry our boy Jack will be when he comes home? If we can keep him it is going to be a great season and we've not even finished shopping yet!

England whilst moderately successful are so boring, it is criminal in that sense but can't argue with the results. Roll on Sunday so we can get it out of the way and enjoy a cracking season, with games we can go to.

Oh and when that **** prick Southgate visits Villa Park, make sure we hound him out again.

Edited by AndyClarke

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Lads some of you need to get a grip. How can you genuinely believe Southgate has risked going out in a semi final to just have a pop at Jack Grealish. 

It's astonishing. A top player on our books has turned some people on here into Liverpool fans 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I agree with that part but let’s not overlook we haven’t played a big team yet.  Even Germany were a declining former self of a team then Ukraine and Denmark.  Not exactly any powerhouses of Europe.  Thankfully most of them knocked themselves out of the draw or Italy went through them on the left hand side of the draw.  The Italy final is going to be the first powerhouse game we play, which is great.

You can only beat what's in front of you. 

We haven't been in a final since 66, has it always been top teams that knocked us out. 

We've accomplished something we've never done in my lifetime and most of the generation above me. And yet we're inventing stuff because our favourite villa player had to sacrifice for the team. 

• Like 1

Just now, obanken said:

I bet Dean Smith will be on the phone to him tonight to check in on him. 

Maybe his treatment from Southgate will make him appreciate even more how loved he is at Villa. 

Yeah hopefully it will open his eyes , more egos and superstars means more bench time and less attention

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Why on earth drag him off  then

Because he’s a cautious defensive manager. Once he got his lead he wanted an extra defender on the pitch. It wasn’t going to be Kane or Sterling he took off, they are his star players in his eyes. It was either going to be Foden or Grealish. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

We would have won if Grealish stayed on instead of Sterling, it was a ridiculous decision, Southgate bottled it in that respect

You did win. Take a break from Grealish FC tonight and enjoy yourself. Seriously.

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

I don't think that he has.

I think taking off a player who has recently come on, and going from being in total control of a game to just running it into the corner with 15 minutes remaining is pretty desperate stuff that should never happen. 

Stuff like that can completely backfire, and could be what costs us the tournament in the end.

Can Imagine we go 1-0 up and with 30 minutes left he takes off all the attacking players and runs the ball into the corner.

Italy equalise and you've got nowhere left to go.

Absolutely. 

It was a huge risk, we threw away all the momentum to sit back and soak it up. I wouldn't have done it but it worked. 

In hindsight Sterling was **** brilliant in ET. Fittest man on the pitch incredible energy levels.

I wouldn't have changed it but Southgate has been vindicated at every decision in this tournament.

End of.

Jack needs to get focused again because his time will come again in the final I am sure.

• Like 2

I thought Sterling was a bit rubbish. Missed any chances that came his way, didn't create a single chance for anyone else (excluding the penalty he "won"). Ran with the ball a lot and wasted a fair bit of time in the dying minutes...maybe that's what Southgate wants in his front 3.

Not exciting, not thrilling, but time consuming and dull.

He'll get a lot of plaudits, as will Southgate, but this did nothing to persuade me Southgate actually knows what he's doing. I'll be amazed if we beat Italy.

Grealish did create a golden opportunity for Kane, that he fluffed, but didn't really get long enough to impact the game.  What a waste of a talent. Similar tragedy facing Foden too.

• Like 2

I really hope news of him signing a new contract breaks tomorrow to change the subject from England and Southgate. If not that news of a new signing or bid for someone, give people something else to talk about.

• Like 1

Â