The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think Southgate has an agenda. 

I don't think he has a clue.

Yep. Denmark look shot, then they go down to 10 men and we go 5 at the back. We should have killed the game, which is exactly what I expect Italy to do to us on Sunday 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think Southgate has an agenda. 

I don't think he has a clue.

We are in a final, having conceded 1 goal the whole tournament. 

I was dead against Southgate during the first couple of games but he's done everything asked of him so far. 

Disgusting penalty awarded..sterling took the dive..nice way to qualify england..mockery of VAR and not even a pitch side monitor looked at,and dont get me started on him replacing super jack...

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
  • Like 1

Even if Sterling was excellent, excellent players get taken off all the time for tactical changes. It's not like Sterling was Maradona and Grealish was Tonev who couldn't be trusted to play in his position or something. You have world class players at your disposal, it's not like Villa where some of your subs will be significantly worse than the players on the pitch. Completely unnecessary humiliation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

If you’re one of those fans backing Southgate for taking Grealish off… go for a walk. Find a bin. Or an ocean. Then leap in it. 

I don’t think you will find a Villa fan on these boards who agrees with the decision to take our captain off. 

At the same time, the talk about it being a personal vendetta is hilariously pathetic. 

Edited by LondonLax

Southgate is on record saying he's managing an injury with Jack, and don't think he can play a full game. Him being a sub and then coming off when the game reaches halfway through extra time would make perfect sense if that were true. Same with him not playing against Ukraine when he was clearly not needed.

What doesn't make sense is Jack being the first and only sub in the initial 90 minutes if Gareth hates him. He just would have brought Foden or Sancho on if that were the case, and given Grealish 10 minutes at the end.

Seems a bit strange to disbelieve what the manager is saying and push an alternative narrative that makes far less sense.

Edited by Panto_Villan

Whether it was the right decision or not it’s just so humiliating and deflating for Jack. Must be tough to take and celebrate in his situation. Poor man management in the end for me.

• Like 3

He should have had the balls to take off Harry Kane instead, Kane was absolutely woeful. Wasnt overly happy with how the game ended, may be my villa glasses on but he should no way be subbing Grealish off. 

How he never brought on Sancho either just defies any logic when Denmark were huffing and puffing. 

Just now, LondonLax said:

I don’t think you will find a Villa fan on these boards who agrees with the decision to take out captain off. 

At the same time, the talk about it being a personal vendetta is hilariously pathetic. 

Haven't seen anybody mention a vendetta to be fair. Well apart from the people who are citing a vendetta as a reason other people are mad of course.

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Yep. Denmark look shot, then they go down to 10 men and we go 5 at the back. We should have killed the game, which is exactly what I expect Italy to do to us on Sunday 

That's just Southgate all over. Cowardly, snide football. 

• Like 1

It doesn't make sense, when your aim is to close out a game, to take off the player you have that gets freekicks for fun and carries the ball at various speeds to dictate pace.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Lads some of you need to get a grip. How can you genuinely believe Southgate has risked going out in a semi final to just have a pop at Jack Grealish. 

It's not just tonight though.

He wasn't picking championship players - then he picked Philips. Grealish was probably our best player in the warm up games - he turned the game against Germany - he's still only getting 20 of the bench - then he is subbed as sub.

Managers have favourites/ fall guys.

Just now, Mantis said:

Yeah I don't buy this "he's just protecting Jack". He'll only feature in the final in the last 20 minutes or so if we're losing, and he wouldn't even be in the England squad at all if Southgate thought he could get away with it.

He's using Jack as a get out of jail card I feel, although tonight maybe different the rest of the games has shown it to be that.

I dont think Jack would even be in the England squad if the media hadnt ramped up pressure on southgate. For all we know  England bosses were feeling abit embarrassed, which in turn got them to have a word with Southgate, so he dumps Jack on abit here and there. It all makes it look like especially with the hugs Infront of camera that Southgate and England bosses are doing there best with Jack, even though they are not.

Some of you may like Southgate all of a sudden and changed your views of him, I still can't stand the word removed.

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Clearly doesn't trust him defensively and sees him as a luxury player which he probably is to some extent.

Yeh, he gives you the luxury of making sure you have the ball and the other team doesn’t. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Haven't seen anybody mention a vendetta to be fair. Well apart from the people who are citing a vendetta as a reason other people are mad of course.

He's let the world know that it is personal tonight, you don't leave Kane And Sterling on, Southgate knows exactly what he's doing, that was a cold calculated up yours to Jack. Nasty Bastrd.

But but but villatalk said there's no agenda. Lol. 

Â