The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the dynamic of the game had been set.

Jack tried to run with the ball and take players out the game but by then the Scots had sat deeper and there wasn’t much space for England.  You start the game with Jack and the dynamic of the game is different.   They have a different type of problem to deal with from the off. 

Of course it’s not all about one player but I don’t think keeping Jack on the bench helps England’s cause. Especially when they struggling as they are.

Il be amazed if he doesn’t start next game.

Mental that he took Foden off and not Sterling as well.

I think both Jack and Foden on, free up space for each other and cause lot's of problems.

In Sterlings case, he would probably look better for his origin country, Jamaica... lol.. probably more his International level haha

• Like 3

Robertson just said the crowd were lifted when Jack came on but they dealt with him on their right hand side. The fact he even mentions this shows how important Jack is. But by then Scotland we’re pumped up and able to deal with him although the right back got booked eventually. 

They must have been so relieved he wasn’t starting. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't think Jack is the problem with that team.

To be honest, that's why I laughed when some of our fans thought he could come on and turn a game on it's head on his own.

The whole balance and drive of that team is wrong.

To be fair to Jack, if there is no balance and movement around him, and he doesn't really get the ball in opportunistic areas not much he can do.

Also, we have to give credit to Scotland, they were very effective with their stifling tactics, no one really got a sniff.

It's similar to when Ollie or another one of our strikers get stifled, then get hammered for being crap, when the actual problem is much deeper, and not really the player.

In reality, there are times Jack has been stifled for us as well.

I agree. Was impressed with how technically proficient Scotland were in midfield. Gilmour was excellent. A worry for England that tonight shows that when they face a midfield who doesn't play that high up, Phillips and Rice seemed unsure of how to get through them.

England are the most lacklustre team to watch. Southgate’s safety first philosophy is great for tough teams… but against teams like Scotland it was so obvious what England was going to do. Scotland set up well and had an answer for everything England had to offer. They even had an answer for jack, double teamed him out of the game. Yet England didn’t adjust for that and exploite the areas the extra defensive player should of been. 

England signed posted every move they made and posed nothing challenging for Scotland to deal with. 

bravo to Scotland. Had all the best chances and should of won the game. 

ps. can we go get Gilmore please. he’s the DM Villa need  

Edited by CarryOnVilla

I think some of the other England players let Grealish down, should have passed to him more often, he's been brought on to make something happen he can't do that if the ball is not passed to him. And by the same token I think he needs to pass less often and have the confidence to more by himself as he would in a VIlla shirt.

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

I think some of the other England players let Grealish down, should have passed to him more often, he's been brought on to make something happen he can't do that if the ball is not passed to him. And by the same token I think he needs to pass less often and have the confidence to more by himself as he would in a VIlla shirt.

I think he tried but its difficult when Scotland were bossing the midfield. 

It seems a common failing of England managers that mentally they just aren't made of the right stuff. They pander or just feel the pressure. Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes. 3 into 2 don't go yet they all played. Was a disaster. They don't seem to be able to get their best players on the pitch, in form, right balance when they arrive at a tournament. I actually think Venables was the last English manager brave enough to not be led by his own insecurities tactically or externally. Got his best players on. Came mightily close. 

• Like 2

Honestly this is so unfair to Jack. On a national team where over half of the squad is out earning him he is being asked to save an entire nation.  All because England appointed a failed Championship manager to the job. 🤦🏽‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Il be amazed if he doesn’t start next game.

Where have I heard this before :suspect:

Better to simply face the facts already. He ain't starting, and certainly not after that. 

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Looked scared shitless of making a mistake. It's no wonder. Safegate has them all playing with fear. 

He didn't make much of an impact. It was played up as being the game for him, but every time he drew a foul, all it did was let Scotland reset back into position.

Nobody was ever there for him so he couldn't get much done in open play, I don't blame that on him, but the substitution just didn't work.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mental that he took Foden off and not Sterling as well.

I think both Jack and Foden on, free up space for each other and cause lot's of problems.

In Sterlings case, he would probably look better for his origin country, Jamaica... lol.. probably more his International level haha

Sterling isn’t even the problem.

Quite honestly, it’s the shit tactics.  2 holding midfielders?!

Phillips should’ve come off for Jack.  

• Like 3

Â