The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Indeed. And he's taking players on directly  and running past them far more often, then he used to before. He's become a lot more direct in his style. Upping the tempo more often instead of bringing it down, this game being a prime example of that. 

I love that, cause it was my main issue with him a few years ago. It's like he took that weakness and completely flipped it. 

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Nor me. Someone's got to have the whole game recorded.

That volley looked better from the normal angle because you could watch the flight of the ball and you know what's coming and think 'he can't actually do another one of these can he?'. Real shame it got blocked because I reckon that was heading top corner.

The whole game is on Sky Sports in 15 minutes 13.45pm.

They usually replay the PPV games the day after for free.

• Like 1

I have seen some of the best players to grace the shirt in the last 40 plus years. Everyone has there own reasoning for what they deem as world class or the best player but after 4 plus decades of being in the Villa family, I find it hard to argue that Jack isn't the best player ever to wear our colours. I don't even think there is a debate on him being world class. If you agree he's in the top players in the league, could walk in to most teams in europe, then it isn't a debate. The biggest debate I have now is who is even comparable to him. It's a struggle.    

• Like 3

Greatest ever is hard put on a player when you cannot tackle these days, the way players stand off and back away just did not happen back in the days they were to willing to chop your legs off. I will always have God in a special place, but for me Tony Morley was our best ever because they were out to hurt you then and just staying on the pitch was an major achievement. Jack has to be our best player now and we should all enjoy him and admire his skills but we are an injury away from being a bit light weight in their.

• Like 1

He's got that thing going on which happens to the truly great players where defenders REFUSE to try and tackle him for fear of getting embarrassed.  Just back off, back off, back off.  It's the worst thing you can do with a player like Jack though because your just giving him space to do his thing. 

That turn out of defence the Arsenal players don't even realise he's gone for half a second or so😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's got that thing going on which happens to the truly great players where defenders REFUSE to try and tackle him for fear of getting embarrassed.  Just back off, back off, back off.  It's the worst thing you can do with a player like Jack though because your just giving him space to do his thing. 

That turn out of defence the Arsenal players don't even realise he's gone for half a second or so😂🤣😂

No yellow cards and remarkably few fouls in that game. I wonder if opposition managers have realised the folly of the traditional 'kick Grealish' tactic (which just results in free kicks)? Only trouble is, they don't have a plan B. Double and triple marking him just frees up our other danger men - and he can beat three markers anyway. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

Nor me. Someone's got to have the whole game recorded.

That volley looked better from the normal angle because you could watch the flight of the ball and you know what's coming and think 'he can't actually do another one of these can he?'. Real shame it got blocked because I reckon that was heading top corner.

Try -> eplfootballmatch.com

They usually upload full games either the day they've finished or the next day. I always watch games on there. 

• Like 1

Remember when he used to start a season slowly 🙃

Genuinely on another planet right now. Im proud he is the face of this club and is bringing us back to such heights. Really exciting times. Its a pure joy watching us play again. Losses still hurt but they’re becoming rarer and rarer. This season we can go into any fixture knowing we can win. When was the last time we could say that? I love this team. Such a classy performance oozing quality last night 😀

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

If only he was quick.... 

When someone mentions he's slow, it really drives me crazy. More than the "he's a big diving Jessy" comments because he might do it a bit but no more than any other footballer. But the slow comments are ridiculous. Find me a player in the league who moves quicker with the ball glued to their toe?

P.S. I know your comment was in jest (I think), but just in case it wasn't below is a gif of how I will react if you say you meant it...

comb.io - Hurricane Neddy

• Haha 1

His development at this stage of his career reminds me so much of when Bale elevated himself to become a superstar. Not only is Jack's footballing ability getting better, but he's improving so much as an athlete and mentally. He's still probably got another few gears too. 

Crazy player.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

When someone mentions he's slow, it really drives me crazy. More than the "he's a big diving Jessy" comments because he might do it a bit but no more than any other footballer. But the slow comments are ridiculous. Find me a player in the league who moves quicker with the ball glued to their toe?

P.S. I know your comment was in jest (I think), but just in case it wasn't below is a gif of how I will react if you say you meant it...

comb.io - Hurricane Neddy

It was a piss take of Southgate’s recent comments 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

His development at this stage of his career reminds me so much of when Bale elevated himself to become a superstar. Not only is Jack's footballing ability getting better, but he's improving so much as an athlete and mentally. He's still probably got another few gears too. 

Crazy player.

And this in a side where the opposition are still using two or three players to try and combat him even though we’ve improved significantly. Imagine him in a side where his team mates were top players and the opposition couldn’t do that.... Jack one on one more often would be some sight.

Crazy how his volleying technique is flawless but his shooting from the ground isn't nearly as good. Shows just how talented he is in a weird way. If he develops that rocket shot/top corner curler like De Bruyne from the ground then he'd just be unstoppable. He'd have had at least 3 more goals this season if he just roofed the shots or curled them into the top corner.

Yesterday shows what happens if you don't constantly foul him.

As a defender you simply have to. It's the only way to stop him. Can barely remember him being fouled once yesterday.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Â