The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

if southgate took the leash off him and let him push forward* then saka and grealish would make a good combo on the left, let saka get up and down and overlap him

* he wont

Beaky take the handbrake off his Nissan Micra? Chance would be a fine thing! 😂 Our Jack is like an Aston Martin... Classy, fast, very expensive and partial to a few naughty donuts 😂

17 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Not sure I've ever read an article quite like this ever:

With the help of Paul Merson, Adam Bate analyses what makes Jack Grealish so special and why Gareth Southgate must rethink his England plans if they do not include the most creative player in the Premier League

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/12129288/jack-grealish-for-england-gareth-southgate-cannot-ignore-unique-talent

Mason Mount: Chelsea star rejects Jack Grealish 'rivalry' for England | The  Independent

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Fourfourtwo have put him 10th on their best player makers in the world list

Grealish, eriksen, odegaard, reyna, gomez, Havertz, Fernandes, James, de Bruyne, muller

Its obviously missing messi 

I think he's playing better than a few of them 

Some of those aren't close to his ability or form. Not even close. 

Just now, villalad21 said:

Fernandes mostly scores on pens, doesn't he?

I rate Jack over Fernandes

Yeah I'd put grealish on par with Rodriguez. So only muller, De bruyne and Messi ahead of him in terms of creative players in the world right now in my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah I'd put grealish on par with Rodriguez. So only muller, De bruyne and Messi ahead of him in terms of creative players in the world right now in my opinion. 

Thing is with Rodriguez is you can only take his 7 game Everton form because he did nothing at the start of the year 

I don't know a great deal about him but with the number of goals they score I imagine gomez at atalanta is good stats wise 

Havertz is the other way round from Rodriguez, great at the start of the year for leverkusen but still finding his feet at Chelsea 

From those 10 I'd have him top 5, Fernandes is a good player, de Bruyne is obvious, muller gets a ton of assists with great goalscorers around him 

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Gnabry is better than Salah 

Maybe still sleeping on him, scored some huge goals this year in both the league and the CL

Seriously he's maybe top 5, performed at a higher level than messi and Ronaldo this year 

And I've got no problems with Jack not being on that list, if it's every position in football he probably doesn't make top 100 

7 hours ago, Villa94 said:

im obviously delighted hes still a villa player, but im amazed that man utd didnt just pay what ever we would of accepted for grealish it was obvious he was gonna be the best player in the league this season

some people said he wouldnt get in the team ahead of Rashford

3 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Not sure I've ever read an article quite like this ever:

With the help of Paul Merson, Adam Bate analyses what makes Jack Grealish so special and why Gareth Southgate must rethink his England plans if they do not include the most creative player in the Premier League

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/12129288/jack-grealish-for-england-gareth-southgate-cannot-ignore-unique-talent

Wow, that is a great article. Even as a Villa fan I’m astonished by how he’s progressed. We are blessed with a world footballer. He’s tearing up the stats. Highest in the league in expected assists. Most forward carries. Etc etc. This is the Premier League! 

Man United must be crazy to think they could get him, even if he wanted to leave. If he does go in the future, it will be to Madrid or Barca.

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Gnabry is better than Salah 

Agree to disagree. But Salah has been top 5 scorer in the prem for 3 years running. And his teams have broken records for points. I massively rate Gnabry but I think putting him ahead of Salah is presumptuous. Same with alphonso Davies ahead of neuer. He is a good player but top 20 in the world no chance for me. 

1 minute ago, YouUnastanFren said:

This is **** mental, everyone else on the list is a defender, carrying it forward from their own box under limited pressure most of the time.

Grealish is putting these numbers up in the opposition half/final third.

I wonder where the next highest ranked attacker placed.

He's second in the league in touches in the opposition box too:

Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish's touch map and table showing that he ranks behind only Mohamed Salah for touches in the opposition box this season

Â