The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 05/07/2010 at 23:16, OutByEaster? said:

I look forward to seeing him play.

Who is he like?

On 05/07/2010 at 23:20, sir_gary_cahill said:

I'd say Adam Johnson is a good comparison but Grealish has far more technical ability

On 05/07/2010 at 23:25, theboyangel said:

Blimey - that's a bit of a claim!!!

I hope the lad does well for us!

He's done pretty well but Adam Johnson levels ?  Not quite yet .😉

I went back to page one of this thread as I was curious about what my first post about Jack said  but then I just got caught up the hilarity of the first few pages.

It really is gold, especially when Joe Lolley enters the thread  and replies to Kevan Grealish.

Well worth a revisit.

UPDATE  ... This is not meant to embarrass  anybody @theboyangel   ( I haven't even found my first Jack comment and I'm up to page 150)

He doesn't even make his debut until page 112 FFS .

Edited by Brumerican

McGrath is still number 1 in my lifetime...just. There's an argument that he's objectively in the top 10 centrebacks of all time ffs

However, Jack is without question the best player we have ever produced in my lifetime, and definitely in (Mason) Mount Rushmore for Villa players.

No better English player in the league at the moment on form, why the hell nobody even attempted to pay the money for him in the summer I will ever know especially when you look at how the prem has started - He walks into City/United/Arsenal teams and I personally believe both the Spurs & Liverpool sides I saw yesterday,

I know people say that Mcgrath was the best ever but I think you have to just sit back, watch  and enjoy Jack -  im not sure in terms of style, background (Villa fan through academy) and ability you will ever see another like him at Villa

''Holding Villa Back'' 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

I always think dreaming about a football player is a bit weird but I did actually dream about Grealish last night.

A company I was doing work for got the wrong end of the stick and contracted Grealish in to do penetration tests on their network.

I had to explain to him that he wasn't needed for this job but he was OK about it.

27 minutes ago, Powehi said:

McGrath is still number 1 in my lifetime...just. There's an argument that he's objectively in the top 10 centrebacks of all time ffs

However, Jack is without question the best player we have ever produced in my lifetime, and definitely in (Mason) Mount Rushmore for Villa players.

I don't think there is any need or indeed possibility to compare Jack and God. 

Their positions are so different it's not really possible to compare.  You really have to compare them to other players in at least defence or attack. 

They are both however the very pinnacle of what you can expect players in those positions to be. 

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

He's done pretty well but Adam Johnson levels ?  Not quite yet .😉

I went back to page one of this thread as I was curious about what my first post about Jack said  but then I just got caught up the hilarity.

It really is gold, especially when Joe Lolley enters the thread  and replies to Kevan Grealish.

Well worth a revisit.

Bravo for being a super fan 

• Confused 2

49 minutes ago, Powehi said:

Been having an internal mental debate with myself on this one since I woke up, I think Jack is getting seriously close to taking top spot.

28 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Been having an internal mental debate with myself on this one since I woke up, I think Jack is getting seriously close to taking top spot.

I agree, two totally different players but Grealish has brought us up into the Prem, arguably kept us up I think if he can push this team on now to achieve something this year eg a surprise league finish (top 6/4)/strong FA Cup run then the gap becomes very very close in the pound for pound stakes

He really up`ed his game after the intervall, but i did think he was quite wasteful with his passing in the first half. More than once he missed an excellent opportunity to pass to Watkins.

I think we are still quite dependent on Grealish performing, to get something out of games. If there is anything he needs to improve in his game is that he needs to be at his peak concentration levels through the whole 90 min, which is exactly what Villa as a team needs to improve on as well. 

Â