The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Yep its a load of rubbish, if you dont rate a guy you are bitter or hate the guy. He just isnt good anymore

Bizarrely no mention of bitterness if criticise other players that left. Say Trezeguet is rubbish you arent called bitter

I agree people can have a opinion on a player not being good anymore its not bitterness. Alot of fans have moved on from grealish. I was annoyed at the time because he could have achieved great things here. But its been the best thing to happen to us.

We are no longer a one man team like we tended to be with grealish and we managed to bring in top players like diaby kamara torres and even -unai to the club.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Foden has played as a focal point at a team thats dominant in possession, Grealish has been stuck out on the wing, he was playing more centrally for us and was far more affective for it. Yea Fodens got more years left in him but for me he's a far more selfish player than Jack at his best, Grealsih, Maddison and Palmer would have a field day given as much freedom as Foden in that City team. 

We will see anyway, next season, because Jack's off to pastures new if it's not for us then I hope it's to a foreign team (I don't want to be proven right) 

I agree that pep hasnt used grealish to his strengths but i dont think city would be as good if they gave grealish as much freedom as he did here. City do not play at all like we did when we had grealish.

But foden is just a exceptional talent. He can crush teams very comfortably- how many times has he done that to us? I think he is the far more superior player and pep agrees hence why grealish doesn't play as much

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

He wont get that level again

Remember Joe Cole signing for us, that's what you are getting

You can’t one minute claim you’re not bitter and not being influenced by that, and then throw nonsense like this out there 😂

Insanity

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If he came back you’d love it. We all would

If he came back i would of course get behind him - like any signing unai makes. But i wouldnt be popping the bubbly and think this is a superstar signing get super excited.

I would be more excited by a signing of a calibre signing of nico Williams 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not a player in our team would have got on the pitch today for City. 

It’s an unfortunate symptom of their dominance/cheating

I disagree with that. I think four players would have

Pau for ake

Martinez for ortega

Konsa for stones

Luiz for kovacic

Other than that I agree 🙂

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Eh no and I already said he was one of the most exciting players we had but that player is gone. He is a boring player now and the issue is Villa fans cant get past that and think he is the 2019-2021 version

Coutinho cost more than Grealish so its definitely a fair comparison and was a similar age when he signed

While fans of other teams can see past it? Let's see who's right ay, my bet is its emery.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Is it really though? Said before he is no different than we signed Coutinho amd any team that signs him wont get the 2021 Jack Grealish. He is finished, couldnt get off the bench against a mid table team when City created nothing

A busted flush

Coutinho himself was miles ahead of Joe Cole. The guy was finished about 5 years before we signed him, and was a pathetic attempt at plugging an attacking midfield gap by Lerner and co. Was literally released by West Ham, who weren't much better than us ffs. It's lightyears away from signing Grealish who made over 30 appearances for the 4 time champions and is still only 28. It's an absolutely absurd take.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I disagree with that. I think four players would have

Pau for ake

Martinez for ortega

Konsa for stones

Luiz for kovacic

Other than that I agree 🙂

Martinez yes but I meant outfield players. 

Pau possibly. The rest is fantasy I’m afraid 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Any developments on this overnight?

Unlikely he’ll be on the piss somewhere sniffed up

• Haha 2

I heard West Ham were in for him. Don't ask me for sources, it was 'they'. Probably therefore BS, but that's the yibber.

• Haha 1

I don't want to see this muppet back at the club again. Too much drama and off field issues, along with injuries he'll be coming back thinking he can just take the piss, and would be incredibly expensive.

Even assuming you could get him to play remotely like he could before, I'm confident we could get equivalent for cheaper. He also had plenty of issues, whole team was geared up to get the best out of him ala Benteke and he wouldn't get that here again, I'd honestly rather have Bailey currently by a long chalk.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I heard West Ham were in for him. Don't ask me for sources, it was 'they'. Probably therefore BS, but that's the yibber.

Once his time at city was coming to an end moving to West Ham seemed somewhat inevitable… 

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Once his time at city was coming to an end moving to West Ham seemed somewhat inevitable… 

£60m is what I heard. Again probably BS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

While fans of other teams can see past it? Let's see who's right ay, my bet is its emery.

So you are saying if Unai and Monchi doesnt sign him then we were right all along 😉

We'd be much better off going for someone like Gibbs White given similar price tags. 

I'd take Grealish on a loan with a fee if they offered though. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

He wont get that level again

Remember Joe Cole signing for us, that's what you are getting

TBF Joe Cole was 34 when he turned up here. He actually went back to West Ham before coming here, can't remember how well he did there.

Everton also signed Rooney back when he was 32 or past it so that's certainly something I don't want, Grealish coming back when he's 32-33.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, tinker said:

My only worry would be the Collymore scenario,  Jack's got the ability, I have no doubt at all we have seen him play enough to know that on his day he can drag a team into games with his ability and has the character to do it......but his minds got to be right and its hard to judge that. 

My fear is that he goes to one of our competitors and drags them into a top 4 place with his talent and an attitude that he needs to prove himself again after the man city/ Guardialo degrading episode.  How he doesn't play in that team is a mystery , Foden is great and Doku is descent but Jack's a level above both of those players and we have all seen that, when he's on form his world class.

If he passes the attitude test then i would pay the 40m and get him back, he could be the difference between top 6 and top 2, he's that good and any Villa fan who saw him at his best for villa can't deny that., it's fact. 

He's not a level above Foden with the season he's had, no chance. Not like Foden is some overnight success like Cole Palmer has been as he was good in other seasons.

It's strange as Doku is playing for Man. City exactly what Grealish was doing for us in 2019-21. Constantly taking on FB, coming inside to get shots in, draw fouls and generally create chaos.

Very strange to me how Pep has essentially coached risk out of Grealish play yet Doku is pretty much given free reign to do what he wants when he gets the ball in final third.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I genuinely thought he'd become one of the world's best players. 

I thought at city he'd dominate in goals and assists. 

He's contributed properly once in 3 seasons 

Yep.

To summarise he's gone there and won everything. All that he dreamed of (3 league titles, CL, FA cup) which he wouldn't have won here.

However he's now even more of a marginal figure in the squad than he was in his first season. He's also not even progressed to becoming a regular England player in that time which will be a blow to the ego given the hype he was building up in the 2021 Euros.

He needs to be thinking what he wants from the next five years of his career. If he doesn't then Man. City will make the decision for him.

• Like 2

Â