The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

On Thursday, September 01, 2016 at 21:56, Spoony said:

I will never judge Remi Garde for his time here. Hands completely tied and dealing with an impossible situation. He might as well not have been here.

This is just the point.... if the club knew what they were going to do (or more importantly not do i.e have a crack in the transfer market of January) they may has of well of put Eric Black in charge when they sacked Timmy. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2016 at 21:05, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't think he's playing any differently now to how he did under Sherwood. You can argue he's been more productive, but it's all such a small sample size that it's statistically irrelevant. 

He's a very talented player, one of the best we've produced going back 30 years. He has done what we've asked of him and sorted his personal life out. 

Long may he reign.

I disagree with the first point because I think he looks a lot more focused than he did then and he seems to be playing without the 'Billy Big Bollocks' attitude. That's very much intangible, though!

• Like 2

Looking really good so far.  I think in some way, missing the U21s game tonight will give him more drive to continue to impress and avoid any thoughts that he's made it creeping in again.  I do fear that some of the more agricultural teams will target him for some 'treatment' though so it'll be tough to avoid injuries through the season.

I agree, was expecting the refs to let more go and it be a bit more manly, it's not from what I've seen, it's every bit as soft 

jacks treatment is not really any different to what happened vs Stoke it's just he's on the ball more so it's more noticeable 

I've said it before, the only way in which this division is more physical is that worse defenders mis-time more tackles than at Prem level. 

Championship defenders are not somehow better at defending, I don't know why this needs to continually be repeated.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've said it before, the only way in which this division is more physical is that worse defenders mis-time more tackles than at Prem level. 

Championship defenders are not somehow better at defending, I don't know why this needs to continually be repeated.

And the additional games, but spot on here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gharperr said:

^^ is championship even physically "tougher"?? only seen couple games this season but it looks exactly same as prem to me? but players much slower with quite a bit more space/time. havent seen any of this kicking about which people go on about

No, it's a ridiculous myth. It's a worse league than the Premier League in every sense - including "physicality"; especially since the better, stronger athletes are in the league above. 

• Like 1

Yup, some people talk about the Championship as if the players are actually better than the Premier League players. Quite often i've heard "Grealish will struggle in the Championship"... I always ask why? What's so special about the Championship? The standard of football is poor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Quite often i've heard "Grealish will struggle in the Championship"

Well that one is particularly stupid given that he spent a year at Notts County getting lumps knocked out of him and perfecting his hurdling technique.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bobzy said:

No, it's a ridiculous myth. It's a worse league than the Premier League in every sense - including "physicality"; especially since the better, stronger athletes are in the league above. 

It's more physical IMO, plus the refs seemingly let things go more and there are more games but I do agree that the top athletes are usually in the prem. 

Edited by lexicon

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

It's more physical IMO, plus the refs seemingly let things go more and there are more games but I do agree that the top athletes are usually in the prem. 

It really isn't.
Reading The Secret Footballer's book (mock me all you want) the thing he remarked about the most about stepping up to the PL was that every player was built like a boxer, which really is true when you look and think about it. You just don't get that build of player in the Championship.

BTW it was Dave Kitson and the video of him getting steamrolled by Antonio Valencia is on the YouTubes.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

Â