The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

24 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'd say the club waited to annouce it until after the window closed even though it was already agreed and signed. Might be good PR after the international break and keep the "feel good" factor around the club.

I'd say they were possibly waiting until a "bad news day". As in Sid leaving. 

That's not a cynical opinion as such, I've no problem with it. 

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Come on, you have to admit, it was a great season three years ago. I'll tell my grandkids about that time we only just stayed up by beating Hull at home.

that Bowery performance though ;)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

that Bowery performance though ;)

Yes, that was probably actually worth telling the grandkids about. 

'Well, he was this competition winner, see, never kicked a ball in his life before, and every time he played he was crap, except . . . [twinkle in the eye] . . . this one time . . .'

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If he goes down hill from here, watch everyone talk about how stupid it was to sanction this deal in a couple years, forgetting(conveniently) why he got it in the first place, similarly to other "player"s currently on the books. :P

I think that is a little bit unfair, if I may be so bold.

Its a gamble, but he has " work in progress" on his side.

The other incumbent has had plenty of time to prove his worth, kiss his badge or any other thing that aligns him to being one of us.....except score goals or fight for the cause.

They were at totally different stages of their career to make any comparison.

....but if either of them wanted to stake a claim in this highly lucrative industry, I suggest they watch some footage of Andy Gray, Brian Little , Tony Morley or Gary Shaw.....Peter Withe may be of value too.....It may project a career for one and resurrect a career for another.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If he goes down hill from here, watch everyone talk about how stupid it was to sanction this deal in a couple years, forgetting(conveniently) why he got it in the first place, similarly to other "player"s currently on the books. :P

He's on £18k a week for one. 

Secondly, did Gabby earn a 4 year deal do you think? I can remember very few people thinking so.

Thirdly, if at 22 he decides he's had enough of football and he wants to sit on his arse and waste his career whilst collecting a fat paycheck (to match the size of his arse) at our expense, then you can have your internet points. I'll deliver them myself. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, villa89 said:

I'd say the club waited to annouce it until after the window closed even though it was already agreed and signed. Might be good PR after the international break and keep the "feel good" factor around the club.

Your probably right mate, I suppose there is no necessity on the clubs part to announce a contract as soon as it is agreed, its up to them when to reveal.

I also saw an extension for Mark Bunn, maybe they are just keeping that one to themselves considering there is 0% positive PR attached to it! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

I also saw an extension for Mark Bunn, maybe they are just keeping that one to themselves considering there is 0% positive PR attached to it! 

:o . Worst keeper I have ever seen at Villa. He must be cheap.

11 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

Your probably right mate, I suppose there is no necessity on the clubs part to announce a contract as soon as it is agreed, its up to them when to reveal.

Did we really re-sign Bunn? If so that is the worst decision by the new management so far!

23 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's on £18k a week for one. 

Secondly, did Gabby earn a 4 year deal do you think? I can remember very few people thinking so.

Thirdly, if at 22 he decides he's had enough of football and he wants to sit on his arse and waste his career whilst collecting a fat paycheck (to match the size of his arse) at our expense, then you can have your internet points. I'll deliver them myself. 

Just out of interest, how do you know he's on 18k? Also, is that after his new deal or before it? 

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

@handsworthvilla 

New deal. 

I know a close family friend of JG's that has known him most his life. He told me that when he signed that previous deal he was put on £35k per week. If true, and I have no reasons to doubt that info, JG must have had a seriously good (for the club) relegation clause included in that deal. 

Â