The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's certainly on track to be the most fouled player in the league this season 

I'm sure he'll win us a few penalties. I'm hoping that playing against Elphick in training will toughen him up somewhat. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2016 at 20:56, VillaChris said:

He'd have never have scored that goal in the premier league...defending was laughably bad.

Still hopefully the booster he needs....as I've said I expect him to be a big player in this division so he certainly needs a run of games to prove that.

Exactly. One defender slips over and he just runs into a huge gap. 

Hopefully though.. like you said the win and goal spurs him and the team on. Confidence can do wonderful things. 

He should be winning more penalties.. we rarely get enough.. he has to do a few more tricks on the box. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

So what? He scored it in the Championship, the league in which we find ourselves in .

It counted, Jack played well and we won.

No one is disputing that. Just saying he got a bit lucky.. Huddersfield may not be so generous. 

6 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

So what? He scored it in the Championship, the league in which we find ourselves in .

It counted, Jack played well and we won.

Nah sorry, he would never have scored that goal past a centre half pairing of Maldini and McGrath. 

#GresfordOut

:trollface::trollface::trollface:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KSV said:

No one is disputing that. Just saying he got a bit lucky.. Huddersfield may not be so generous. 

Yeah the way he managed to dribble the ball at full pace was very lucky. Beating the defender was jammy as **** and the composure he showed taking it round the keeper and scoring from a tight angle was a complete fluke. 

16 minutes ago, KSV said:

Hopefully though.. like you said the win and goal spurs him and the team on. Confidence can do wonderful things. 

He should be winning more penalties.. we rarely get enough.. he has to do a few more tricks on the box. 

I think Jack is certainly a confidence player and as shown last season in a team losing week in week out totally devoid of confidence he was ineffective. His best spell for us was when Sherwood came in and gave the whole place a lift and for a time we played with a bit of a swagger.

I find Jack really frustrating to watch at times. He gets on the verge and getting into some great positions and will then turn back or play an easy sideways or backwards pass. He needs to get himself into the box more and teams will be either shit scarred of fouling him or will be tricked into bringing him down. That all comes with confidence though and hopefully he can build on Saturdays performance.

He is way above the level of players he will be up against in this division he just needs to have the confidence to go out and show it as there is no doubt he has the ability.

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah the way he managed to dribble the ball at full pace was very lucky. Beating the defender was jammy as **** and the composure he showed taking it round the keeper and scoring from a tight angle was a complete fluke. 

Come on man a defender fell over and opened up a huge gap. If he didnt.. he wouldnt of had that chance to dribble around a defender. I am just saying there was a certain element of luck in the goal. Not the whole thing..  His finish was tidy to say the least. 

11 minutes ago, KSV said:

Come on man a defender fell over and opened up a huge gap. If he didnt.. he wouldnt of had that chance to dribble around a defender. I am just saying there was a certain element of luck in the goal. Not the whole thing..  His finish was tidy to say the least. 

The defender falling was an element of luck but many goals at all levels have an element of luck about them. He took the goal really well and deserves credit for doing so.

As for the wouldn't score it in the Premier League comment, I'm sure we'd never see the club captain of a Premier League title chasing team fall over to give away a title deciding goal!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I'm sure he'll win us a few penalties. I'm hoping that playing against Elphick in training will toughen him up somewhat. 

I think in terms of being fouled and kicked he's fairly tough already, I do t think I've ever seen him stay down and I've seen some terrible tackles on him

11 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

It was alright, certainly wasn't the worst goal ever scored. Thought Rudys second was a thing of beauty from start to finish though.

Yeah, I thought that was a nicer goal too.

Jack showed in the Semi Final against Liverpool he can run games at the highest level but because of this the expectation went through the roof. He is still a novice and like most young players he'll have ups and downs in form. His goal against Rotherham showed his ability and if you look at his career he has scored quite a few similar ones. It's amazing how lucky he gets or is it his ability? I know which one I think it is. Hopefully he can play most games this year and get his confidence up and then he'll be ready to show the PL what he's got!! One thing I've noticed in the games so far is his defensive side it's getting stronger all top players have to defend aswell so that's another promising sign. 

Â