The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

56 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I was there too. I didn't hear a single word of abuse aimed at Jack directly. He certainly didn't "exchange words" with fans as I keep reading. 

Maybe you can tell me what his response was? I saw him apologise if that's what you mean. 

I was also a few rows back, and it happened. Gave everyone abuse, Jack raised his head and gave a "you what" look to which he got a little more abuse as he walked off.

4 minutes ago, spiezels said:

I was also a few rows back, and it happened. Gave everyone abuse, Jack raised his head and gave a "you what" look to which he got a little more abuse as he walked off.

Specific abuse aimed at Jack? 

So he didn't exchange words? He gave a look?

Great goal.. but take that away from the game. How was the rest of his match? Did he go missing second half like the lot of them appeared to have done. I do wonder about his state of mind being from the 2015-2016 squad of record breakers. How was he off the ball? 

Edited by KSV

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Specific abuse aimed at Jack? 

So he didn't exchange words? He gave a look?

There was abuse aimed at everyone as they walked off. As Jack was near the tunnel at the final whistle he was on his own coming off so took more than most and gave a look and looked to have said something back. 

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make as even if he did give some back nobody is criticising him for it. It's the small minority of fans who are in the wrong. 

I was tp the left of the tunnel (too far to hear) and I saw a few fans clamour to that area.  Jack was clapping as he went in then suddenly looked up with a pissed off look on his face and mouthed something back.  A few syllables at most but it was obviously in response to something shouted at him.

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Fair play to Jack, I thought he would have been first player to hand in a transfer request but looks like he staying until January the very least

eh he has been our best attacker so far this season and hasnt showing anything about handing in a transfer request

except for a minority of fans who think he doesnt care and want him to do it

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Fair play to Jack, I thought he would have been first player to hand in a transfer request but looks like he staying until January the very least

Unless he's the only one, or one of a couple of players, performing well in a team that is struggling in the bottom half, I don't see Jack angling for a move this season.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

eh he has been our best attacker so far this season and hasnt showing anything about handing in a transfer request

except for a minority of fans who think he doesnt care and want him to do it

Dont understand why you think any villa fan would want him to hand in a transfer request? :blink:

Been excellent so far and more to come. Also chipping in with goals.

Sensible to stay so well done him and his agent.

Also silly the people who were writing him off last season, yes he didn't cover himself in glory but he's still a young kid and clearly has talent so away from the spotlight will help him.

We need to go up before too long though otherwise he will be handing in a transfer request.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

About 50% of the forum wanted him gone in May, or so it seemed. 

I think it was more like that a lot of people weren't bothered if he went rather than wanting him to go, a small but important difference. 

I'm happy to admit that so far he has appeared to have turned a bit of a corner with his conduct and performances.

Lets hope it continues, its still early days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think it was more like that a lot of people weren't bothered if he went rather than wanting him to go, a small but important difference. 

I'm happy to admit that so far he has appeared to have turned a bit of a corner with his conduct and performances.

Lets hope it continues, its still early days.

I think the question at the time was whether he would ever turn that corner.  The thinking being 'once a bad egg always a bad egg' (see Ravel).  The fact he has acknowledged his indiscretions and has started the season the way he has, tells me he has already turned that corner and has made the step that many feared he wouldn't make.  I think he has had his reality check and this is now phase 2 of his career and he will never look back from it. To which I let out a huge sigh of relief.

Â