The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

just like VIlla, the best thing to happen for Jack career is last season debacle and relegation. His attitude seems to be spot on since then and he learned harsh lessons from the "role models" we had as captains. also while out of public eye he can get on with his game in peace

45 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Best player by a mile yesterday.

Seems like he exchanged words with some of our fans though on his way into the tunnel.

It doesn't help that a section of our support seemed to think congregating around the tunnel and hurling abuse at everyone involved with villa was a helpful thing to do.

We played a truly terrible half of football but this is a new team and needs positive support. 

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

It doesn't help that a section of our support seemed to think congregating around the tunnel and hurling abuse at everyone involved with villa was a helpful thing to do.

We played a truly terrible half of football but this is a new team and needs positive support. 

Yep, **** scum bags, basically starting on everyone that has a villa badge on their chest, or trousers as they went down the tunnel. 

That'll get the new and young lads fighting for you on the pitch won't it. 

Get a grip ffs

• Like 1

That didn't happen. Jack wasn't abused and he didn't exchange words with anyone. 

As evidenced by;

I wish people wouldn't make shit like that up, especially as only the few hundred fans left by then know the truth. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Glad that he seems to be adding goals now,  something which had been missing. 

Definitely not the finished article yet but certainly has all the potential in the world. 

I just want him to commit defenders more instead of holding up play,  he has the ability to do it so why not try it? 

Big season and hopefully will be our stand out player.  It's funny but when players get a reputation defenders seem to actually give them more room to do their thang as they are scared of getting too close to them which actually plays into their hands.  Hopefully Jack can obtain that fear factor and use it to his advantage.  Self confidence will play a large part in this.  

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That didn't happen. Jack wasn't abused and he didn't exchange words with anyone. 

As evidenced by;

I wish people wouldn't make shit like that up, especially as only the few hundred fans left by then know the truth. 

I can tell you that it did happen as I was stood 3 rows from the front. A small number of our fans were congregated by the tunnel abusing absolutely everybody connected with Villa as they left the pitch regardless of how they played etc.

Grealish looked gutted by the result before he walked off and then gave a small response to the abuse he was getting before disappearing down the tunnel. He genuinely looks like he cares a lot, as do a few others to be fair. 

I'd imagine his tweet commending the fans is simply ignoring the morons who felt the need to act so aggressively and rightly appreciating the majority who travelled and supported superbly. 

• Like 3

Â