The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd like to see him on the right rather than the left.

Not sure that would work. I think the fact he likes to cut inside keeps defenders on their feet. Cutting inside on to his weaker foot would take away some of his threat IMO

He needs  to go an extra few yards and start driving forward into the box more. He gets to the edge of the area and then either goes sideways or looks for a pass. I'd also like to see him shoot a lot more.

He has had a good start to the season though.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not sure that would work. I think the fact he likes to cut inside keeps defenders on their feet. Cutting inside on to his weaker foot would take away some of his threat IMO

My point was I'd like to see him going past people rather than cutting in.

• Like 2

Ayew was man of the Match. What did Jack actually do to deserve that? Thought he was ok but needs to do more. Thought his corners were alot better than McCormack so I hope he is kept on them. Commentators were spot on.. he and Ayew were too narrow first half. Need to be playing wider and getting crosses in.. Ayew did that second half. He just seems to take on a defender and then cut in. Take it wide and lit a cross in. 

8 hours ago, KSV said:

Ayew was man of the Match. What did Jack actually do to deserve that? Thought he was ok but needs to do more. Thought his corners were alot better than McCormack so I hope he is kept on them. Commentators were spot on.. he and Ayew were too narrow first half. Need to be playing wider and getting crosses in.. Ayew did that second half. He just seems to take on a defender and then cut in. Take it wide and lit a cross in. 

One would assume he doesn't have much of a left foot. We don't play with true width - I think it's unfair to expect him to be a winger when he's just not. 

On 9/8/2016 at 00:15, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If he goes down hill from here, watch everyone talk about how stupid it was to sanction this deal in a couple years, forgetting(conveniently) why he got it in the first place, similarly to other "player"s currently on the books. :P

I know what you mean.

I have him down as the guy most likely to top Villa's future hate list.

He's just perfect material.

High expectations and an improved contract will mean he is open to the accusation that he's not bothered now he has the money, if he dares to disappoint.

His trademark hair-style and fancy way of playing will lead to accusations that he is a poseur who thinks he's too big for the club. 

And those photographs of him lying in an intoxicated swoon will always reappear to prove that he will always be a no good bum who is not fit to wear the shirt.

I think it is likely that he will be moved on by popular request and he'll make his name as an icon of grace and style elsewhere.

The Villa fans have always preferred artisans to artists.

• Like 1

I thought he was fantastic yesterday. Reminds me of Lallana with his technique. You can give him the ball anywhere with 2 men around him and he will find a way to lay it off. What he needs to do is find more of a killer instinct and make the right decisions when he is playing direct. With the right coaching he can be a fantastic player. Technique wise he is head and shoulders above any other player we have. 

• Like 1

Â