The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I think the question at the time was whether he would ever turn that corner.  The thinking being 'once a bad egg always a bad egg' (see Ravel).  The fact he has acknowledged his indiscretions and has started the season the way he has, tells me he has already turned that corner and has made the step that many feared he wouldn't make.  I think he has had his reality check and this is now phase 2 of his career and he will never look back from it. To which I let out a huge sigh of relief.

It was only 6 months of messing about.

Someone like Ravel has been messing around for years and still dosen't seem to get the message.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

It was only 6 months of messing about.

Yep, and even then it was a teenager getting drunk in Spain with his mates.  Hold the **** phone.  But anyhoo, he held his hands up and has moved on.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think the question at the time was whether he would ever turn that corner.  The thinking being 'once a bad egg always a bad egg' (see Ravel).  The fact he has acknowledged his indiscretions and has started the season the way he has, tells me he has already turned that corner and has made the step that many feared he wouldn't make.  I think he has had his reality check and this is now phase 2 of his career and he will never look back from it. To which I let out a huge sigh of relief.

Maybe, I think its a little soon to say after 5 games.

Admitting there is an issue is often the hardest thing to do and seemingly he has done that, the next part though is actually changing rather than changing behaviour. Its a little like a diet, people can throw themselves into them with great intentions only to revert to old habits after a while, a lifestyle change is far harder.

Jack liked the life and all that went with it, I can understand that not everyone is a James Milner. But for me it remains to be seen if he has taken a different path or its a short term change, I think we need to wait a while yet to see.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yep, and even then it was a teenager getting drunk in Spain with his mates.  Hold the **** phone.  But anyhoo, he held his hands up and has moved on.

I was more offended by the post Everton stuff tbh.

He's doing his talking now on the pitch that's the important thing.

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

Exactly and I suspect RDMs management has helped in this. Garde was Grealishs worst nightmare in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly and I suspect RDMs management has helped in this. Garde was Grealishs worst nightmare in my opinion. 

And yet when he looks back, I bet he'll acknowledge that in some small way he needed a Remi Garde in his life at some point.

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It really wasn't, I think you are down playing it a little there.

Maybe, but for me the list of transgressions is secondary to the more important point of him acknowledging what they were and moving on from them.  For me it's not too soon to say he has put it behind him because for me the analogy would be the flicking of a switch.  He has flicked that switch and seen the light.  Many feared he never would.  OK you still fear he may regress and that's fair enough, but personally I don't.  Psychologically I think he has now made the important step.

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Maybe, but for me the list of transgressions is secondary to the more important point of him acknowledging what they were and moving on from them.  For me it's not too soon to say he has put it behind him because for me the analogy would be the flicking of a switch.  He has flicked that switch and seen the light.  Many feared he never would.  OK you still fear he may regress and that's fair enough, but personally I don't.  Psychologically I think he has now made the important step.

I don't see it being that linear but we shall see.

I've been one of his biggest critics but I'll hold my hands up and say fair play to the lad, he seems to have got his head in the game and started to take his job more seriously. Credit to him and long may it continue!

55 minutes ago, BOF said:

Whilst I understand the sentiment, I think the comparison with Ravel is harsh. By all accounts Ravel was involved in gangs and criminal activity. Jack just (stupidly) liked to go for a few drinks.

Like you say it appears that he has cut that out now and wants to knuckle down, currently we're getting the rewards from this so long may it continue.

Edited by mikeyp102
Just caught up with rest of thread so ignore Ravel comments

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Whilst I understand the sentiment, I think the comparison with Ravel is harsh. By all accounts Ravel was involved in gangs and criminal activity. Jack just (stupidly) liked to go for a few drinks.

Like you say it appears that he has cut that out now and wants to knuckle down, currently we're getting the rewards from this so long may it continue.

There wasn't a comparison to Morrison, BOF was doing quite the opposite I fact.

I don't think he's playing any differently now to how he did under Sherwood. You can argue he's been more productive, but it's all such a small sample size that it's statistically irrelevant. 

He's a very talented player, one of the best we've produced going back 30 years. He has done what we've asked of him and sorted his personal life out. 

Long may he reign.

• Like 1

Â