Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I'll probably watch Truth Seekers as I do like Pegg and Frost and it's my kinda thing, but I do have this inherent problem that it feels a bit like it was inspired by the Parapod, and the Parapod is peerless.

On 10/11/2020 at 17:43, villa4europe said:

Just seen Netflix has the Xmas films that made us coming December 1st

Films and toys are both excellent 

Good that they've already done one on Die Hard so they don't have to enter that age old debate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The wife and I both liked it, but that might just be because Nick Frost is ace. Can understand why people might not like it though. 

To be fair, I did moderate my stance a bit by the end of it. That I finished it must be testament that my initial reaction was slightly wide of the mark. Maybe I just expected too much from Pegg and Frost because I loved the cornetto trilogy so much (even Worlds End!). I just found a lot of the jokes telegraphed and extremely predictable. 

Watched Season 2 of The Boys on Amazon Prime and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Not sure what to watch now but 3 different people have recommended Queen's Gambit so that might be next 

28 minutes ago, choffer said:

To be fair, I did moderate my stance a bit by the end of it. That I finished it must be testament that my initial reaction was slightly wide of the mark. Maybe I just expected too much from Pegg and Frost because I loved the cornetto trilogy so much (even Worlds End!). I just found a lot of the jokes telegraphed and extremely predictable. 

I really like World's End and have it above Shaun of the Dead, which was brilliant when it came out I'm not sure it holds up as well. The best is Hot Fuzz though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

I'll probably watch Truth Seekers as I do like Pegg and Frost and it's my kinda thing, but I do have this inherent problem that it feels a bit like it was inspired by the Parapod, and the Parapod is peerless.

I want to like Truth Seekers so much but it is neither funny nor scary enough to hold my interest 

As for the comparison to the parapod I can see that but no character is quite as dopey or likeable as Barry Dodds.

On that subject, anyone know how one could get to watch the Parapod Movie? Dying to see it

41 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I will never watch Truthseekers as Simon Pegg is a word removed who I **** despise. 

I've heard from my sister, who works at a well known theatre in Brum, that he is widely regarded as a complete belzoid.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I want to like Truth Seekers so much but it is neither funny nor scary enough to hold my interest 

As for the comparison to the parapod I can see that but no character is quite as dopey or likeable as Barry Dodds.

On that subject, anyone know how one could get to watch the Parapod Movie? Dying to see it

I'm also keen to find this out. They premiered it to a bunch of Patreon backers around the country in various events but those got shuttered due to the pandemic. And since then it's seemingly gone quiet. I'd guessed they might do a digital distribution for Halloween but seemingly not.

I'm desperate to see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

One for the car enthusiasts, new car show called On The Road, 8.00pm Thursdays on ITV4, quite enjoyed the first episode.

Features Tiff Needell, a few others and Vicky Piria (cough cough @rjw63) who came across as splendid and an upgrade on Vicki Butler-Henderson?

Not sure I'll have time now, the wife has discovered Grey's Anatomy and there's 15 seasons to wade through.

Back in the day I think I only watched the first two seasons so plenty for me too, until Vikings comes on anyway.

• Like 1

Grays anatomy is OK tbf, some naff episodes here and there and then the occasional rushed story arc but overall some good well written characters and interesting medical stuff, it makes for good throw away TV, if you miss 10 mins of it or sometimes even an entire episode it doesn't really matter 

On 13/11/2020 at 01:20, Follyfoot said:

For fans of the 90 day fiancé reality star Darcey Silva she now has her own standalone series that also features her twin Stacey called. Darcey and Stacey. The series follows the ups and downs of the girls as they try to find happiness in love so expect plenty of tears, high fashion, drama and sassy twin tuition in this 10 part blockbuster. Only one episode in so far but it is all you would expect it to be and more and sets up the next show that covers Tom’s secret meeting with Stacey, Tom as you may or may not know is Darcey’s former beau from 90 day fiancé who turned out to be somewhat of a cad propositioning other cast members and also suggesting Darcey had put on weight when they met in New York to try and patch things up. The show is not on its usual TLC channel, it can be found on discovery plus were all 10 episodes can be downloaded at once. Well worth a watch

I think you've mistaken this for mumsnet.

On 13/11/2020 at 15:32, AVFC_Hitz said:

I've heard from my sister, who works at a well known theatre in Brum, that he is widely regarded as a complete belzoid.

I've heard it from both my memory and my imagination that Pegg played Toby Young in the film How To Lose Friends and Alienate People, a film role he took up specifically to enjoy the erotic frissons of channelling Young's dark voodoo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, darrenm said:

The Crown series 4 is out today.

Gillian Anderson is apparently brilliant as Thatcher. 

I'll be turning the phone off for a couple of episodes tonight.

4 so far. Oops.

It's still spectacular. 

11 hours ago, darrenm said:

The Crown series 4 is out today.

Gillian Anderson is apparently brilliant as Thatcher. 

I'll be turning the phone off for a couple of episodes tonight.

A TV show with Royals and Thatcher? I think VT would explode at the thought. 

Â