Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

19 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Watching Warrior and it's good junk tv! 

Easy plot, ultra violence, dark humour and Bristol cities abound. 

Is that the one about danish bikers ?

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Is that the one about danish bikers ?

No, it's the Bruce Lee imagined story of Chinatown, San Francisco in the 1870s. 

Probably both factually and realistically inaccurate by a long shot but it's a fun watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

It’s Banshee 2.0 and it’s ace! 

I watched episodes 1+2 after your recommendation earlier this year but got side tracked, I liked it and will probably get back on to it but have been waiting for your thoughts on season 2 before committing to it. How is it?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I watched episodes 1+2 after your recommendation earlier this year but got side tracked, I liked it and will probably get back on to it but have been waiting for your thoughts on season 2 before committing to it. How is it?

It’s really good and follows on nicely from S1. 

It isn’t as good as Banshee overall, but it has that same vibe and they’ve fleshed the story out a bit more this series, which is good. As @theboyangelsaid, it’s “good junk TV”. 

I love it and it’s fits nicely with all the other stuff I’m watching, it’s a good one for not having to concentrate too much and you can just enjoy the action/fighting.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, choffer said:

Truth Seekers is really awful. How do shows like this get commissioned?

(Still managed to watch four episodes so far).

I didn’t think it was that bad to be honest, but I wouldn’t say it’s ‘funny’ and seems to be trapped in between being a semi-serious paranormal drama and a comedy. It’s watchable though and the 30min runtime means it doesn’t drag on from episode to episode. 

Spoiler

The bit at the end of Ep1 when that old woman turns around and runs up the stairs like a dog, full on freaked me out!! 

Making our way through The Fall for the first time. Good stuff. 

When the copper falls through the ceiling in the second series. Holy shit, I think due to the tone of the rest of the show, that caught me completely off guard. I was actually in tears laughing. The look on his wee face, oh lord. 

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Making our way through The Fall for the first time. Good stuff. 

When the copper falls through the ceiling in the second series. Holy shit, I think due to the tone of the rest of the show, that caught me completely off guard. I was actually in tears laughing. The look on his wee face, oh lord. 

Don't bother watching the final series!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not sure how many of you enjoying 'Warrior' already know this, and apologies for being the bearer of bad news if you didn't, but it has been cancelled so S2 will be the end. 

I’m hoping it gets picked up elsewhere. Viewing figures are good and reviews are excellent, it’s not been cancelled as such (as in, because it’s crap/nobody is watching it), it’s just that Cinemax has shut down, so they aren’t making anymore of anything. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I’m hoping it gets picked up elsewhere. Viewing figures are good and reviews are excellent, it’s not been cancelled as such (as in, because it’s crap/nobody is watching it), it’s just that Cinemax has shut down, so they aren’t making anymore of anything. 

Hope you're right!

• Like 1

For fans of the 90 day fiancé reality star Darcey Silva she now has her own standalone series that also features her twin Stacey called. Darcey and Stacey. The series follows the ups and downs of the girls as they try to find happiness in love so expect plenty of tears, high fashion, drama and sassy twin tuition in this 10 part blockbuster. Only one episode in so far but it is all you would expect it to be and more and sets up the next show that covers Tom’s secret meeting with Stacey, Tom as you may or may not know is Darcey’s former beau from 90 day fiancé who turned out to be somewhat of a cad propositioning other cast members and also suggesting Darcey had put on weight when they met in New York to try and patch things up. The show is not on its usual TLC channel, it can be found on discovery plus were all 10 episodes can be downloaded at once. Well worth a watch

On 09/11/2020 at 23:18, choffer said:

Truth Seekers is really awful. How do shows like this get commissioned?

(Still managed to watch four episodes so far).

The wife and I both liked it, but that might just be because Nick Frost is ace. Can understand why people might not like it though. 

22 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The wife and I both liked it, but that might just be because Nick Frost is ace. Can understand why people might not like it though. 

Yeah, we watched the first two episodes last night and really enjoyed it - the tone (and indeed some of the 'monsters') reminds me of Doctor Who with dark humour added.

Having Kevin Eldon pop up in the 2nd episode was welcome too.

Â