Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

20 hours ago, dubbs said:

We are the champions on Netflix.   The first one is about the cheese rolling race in Gloucester and we've just watched the 2nd episode which is all about the world championship of chilli eating.   Its amazing / frightening what people consider fun nowadays!!

I love that show. Made even better being narrated by Dwight K Schrute.

Edited by darrenm

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just watched the fresh prince reunion. Man it was so good.  Abit emotional too but quality 

Was it ruined by a random, awful and limelight stealing appearance by Jaden? 

50 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Watched that episode last night - which one is your mate? 

joe! bushy hair and glasses, sat next to rocket ron, good lad, might have to try and find his original facebook post from the competition and read all the comments

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

joe! bushy hair and glasses, sat next to rocket ron, good lad, might have to try and find his original facebook post from the competition and read all the comments

I've now watched it, he's not in the world championship, he's in a montage about 7 minutes in where they just show different competitions from around the world, not sure how they came to be filming at a competition in Worcestershire 

Bake off

Spoiler

"out youngest ever winner and 1st ever Scottish winner" 

:detect:

Dave was robbed, to be fair no one really stood out every week, just glad Laura didn't win, can't remember a contestant that was so haphazard, she was taking delicate barely set things and slapping them about like he worked at a Turkish bath

Glad that the viewing figures are up, it's obviously dependant on the quality of the contestants but I think the show is getting better 

• Like 2

On 22/11/2020 at 18:14, dubbs said:

We are the champions on Netflix.   The first one is about the cheese rolling race in Gloucester and we've just watched the 2nd episode which is all about the world championship of chilli eating.   Its amazing / frightening what people consider fun nowadays!!

When I first read this I thought and hoped you were referring to the thing that I used to watch in the school holidays many, many moons ago commentated on by Ron Pickering called we are the champions, it was ace 

• Haha 2

Mangrove on the BBC Iplayer was pretty good, made by the same director, Steve McQueen that directed 12 Years A Slave. There's apparently another four episodes all directed by McQueen but different stories.

• Like 1

Possibly to scratch the itch of not being in a pub, I watched “Saving Britain’s pubs with Tom Kerridge” (no,me neither but he seems like an affable fella, who knows his stuff).

I had assumed it was going to look at the pub trade’s struggles in the wake of Covid...which it did, but it was being filmed before the first lockdown took place and the subsequent fall out.

So you saw these already struggling landlords take on board the suggestions from Kerridge, make the changes and then face having to close down for months.

Proved to be an interesting snapshot, they were properly community driven, decent folk. Would be intrigued to see a follow up episode in the new year to see how they got on.

• Like 1

Â