Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Queen’s Gambit is excellent. I can’t really say why, but it’s great.

The Crown is still good, four episodes in, but I’m also a little apprehensive about Anderson’s Thatcher parody. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've seen 2 or 3 images of The Queen's Gambit and have written it off as tedious bollocks. It gets fantastic reviews, but I'm very much judging the book for its cover. 

Seriously give it a go. Well worth it (now 2 episodes down and will finish it by Wednesday) 

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Incidentally, I thought Meryl Streep did a far more nuanced and convincing Thatcher in "The Iron Lady". Anderson sounded like she was impersonating Janet Brown impersonating Thatcher. 

That's who I was thinking of!

For some reason I that Maureen Lipman was sort of famous for doing a Thatcher but I knew it wasn't right. Janet Brown played her at the end of the Bond film "For Your Eyes Only." My Lord I'm old!

I agree about Ms. Streep - what an artist.

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

That's who I was thinking of!

For some reason I that Maureen Lipman was sort of famous for doing a Thatcher but I knew it wasn't right. Janet Brown played her at the end of the Bond film "For Your Eyes Only." My Lord I'm old!

I agree about Ms. Streep - what an artist.

I think Roger Moore was on about just about to get stuck into the leading lady when the call came through. If I recall Janet Brown was a fairly big impersonator around that time and one of her specialities was the iron lady, I think she did a few programmes with Mike Yarwood as well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darrenm said:

I've seen them before but I can't stop watching the Cunk episodes which are in full on YouTube:

Cunk on Shakespeare https://youtu.be/9YeCpHoy9EQ

Cunk on Britain https://youtu.be/MUM89s4N2BQ

Diane Morgan is so good

Love Diane Morgan

Have you watched Mandy?? All of the short episodes are brilliant (especially the banana factory episode)

think they’re all on bbc iPlayer 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Love Diane Morgan

Have you watched Mandy?? All of the short episodes are brilliant (especially the banana factory episode)

think they’re all on bbc iPlayer 

No but I will now thanks.

• Like 1

Fargo season 4 has been good but the last two episodes were very slow and a bit too odd, even by fargo standards. Hopefully it ends on a high. I think 13 episodes was too ambitious, 10 would have been enough. Too much filler. 

40 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Fargo season 4 has been good but the last two episodes were very slow and a bit too odd, even by fargo standards. Hopefully it ends on a high. I think 13 episodes was too ambitious, 10 would have been enough. Too much filler. 

What channel is it on ?

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Strangely enough I actually enjoyed the latest episode the most so far probably, though like most TV these days it doesn't get anything like my full attention.

So, four episodes into The Crown, and I can see why the royals are a bit narked about it. 

Phil asks Liz who her favourite child is. She can't decide, so 'interviews' them. Conclusion: they're all shits.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

So, four episodes into The Crown, and I can see why the royals are a bit narked about it. 

i can certainly see why charles would be annoyed...he's portrayed as a complete bellend

Just watched the first episode of The Good Lord Bird. I thought it was great and laughed out loud many times. Ethan Hawke is definitely becoming one of my favourite actors, he gets better with each role, and what a character to play. If ever there was a hero of his time it was John Brown, foolhardy, maybe, but his cause was a thing of pure beauty and I'm so looking forward to the rest of this series.

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just watched the first episode of The Good Lord Bird. I thought it was great and laughed out loud many times. Ethan Hawke is definitely becoming one of my favourite actors, he gets better with each role, and what a character to play. If ever there was a hero of his time it was John Brown, foolhardy, maybe, but his cause was a thing of pure beauty and I'm so looking forward to the rest of this series.

Just came here to post pretty much the same thing. Started it last night and it’s great. 

• Like 1

Â