Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'm on the final season, and the final few episodes.

I don't want it to finish ☹️

It got a bit rubbish right at the end for me. But for the first 85% of it I loved it so much. Thinking about it, I don't know if I ever watched the actual final episode.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

In keeping with me being on the pulse TV wise, I've just started Parks and Recreation. 

Does it get better? It's sort of background noise at the moment but some of it is pretty funny. I'm halfway through series 2.

Season one is weak but still better than a lot of sitcoms' first season . 

Just as IASIP got drastically better when Devito rocked up Parks and Rec goes up a level when Rob Lowe walks through the door.

Top 10 Reasons I'll Miss Chris Traeger (As Told Through GIFs) ~ Just About  Write

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Season one is weak but still better than a lot of sitcoms' first season . 

Just as IASIP got drastically better when Devito rocked up Parks and Rec goes up a level when Rob Lowe walks through the door.

Top 10 Reasons I'll Miss Chris Traeger (As Told Through GIFs) ~ Just About  Write

I agree, in part. So many great minor characters that make the whole series exceptional. Jean-Ralphio, Jeremy Jamm, Tammy 2,  Perd Hapley, Crazy Ira and the douche. They all keep each episode fresh. As well as Tom and Donnas relationship. 
I love this show. It never got weak for me, that all said, Rob Lowe is magnificent in it. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

P&R is book-ended by its worst seasons but everything in between is magic.

When it's about the cones - Album on Imgur

Its not the best season but its no final season of Dexter or True Blood. Its still enjoyable. 

Really enjoyed the film years ago and.then watched the first two when it came out. Was looking through recordings to clean up the box. So eight episodes in two days later I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed

Lincoln Rhyme : Hunt for The Bone Collector

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I love this show. It never got weak for me, that all said, Rob Lowe is magnificent in it. 

Lowe was magnificent in Californication as well. Great actor. 

• Like 3

On 03/11/2020 at 04:41, choffer said:

Surprised by how much I enjoyed The Queen’s Gambit. Was recommended it by a friend and presumed it totally wouldn’t be my thing but I thought it was great. 

Finished last night. Had it’s slower moments but all in very good if not better. As an aside if you are wont to have a few on the couch with the cat beside yourself a perfect check on your cerebral status is a quick game of chess. Absolutely woeful with eight in. Astonished I was. Cat not so much. Very wise is she.

Back to the show 8/10. Will watch again.

23 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I finally got round to watching Cobra Kai. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Love the 80s vibe and the corny stories/dialogue.

Great stuff and I rewatched the films last week too.

Interestingly Ralph Macchio is 5 years older in Cobra Kai season 1 than Pat Morita is in the first Karate Kid.

35 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Great stuff and I rewatched the films last week too.

Interestingly Ralph Macchio is 5 years older in Cobra Kai season 1 than Pat Morita is in the first Karate Kid.

Yeah that is crazy given how he looks. Tbf most of them have aged well. Apart from the Cobra Kai guys in the 2nd season. Sadly Tommy died in real life a few months after shooting his TV death.

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Yeah that is crazy given how he looks. Tbf most of them have aged well. Apart from the Cobra Kai guys in the 2nd season. Sadly Tommy died in real life a few months after shooting his TV death.

Yeah absolutely loved that episode, brilliant that they got the original actors back.  Shame they couldn't get Dutch.

Re-watching The West Wing. Nowadays it is so fecking quaint and earnest. It looks more like fantasy land and dates some storylines quickly. "Leo, are you ready, the story is on the internet, so it will break widely tomorrow" etc. 

Agreeing with those finding Roadkill a bit underwhelming. One episode to go, but it feels shortchanged. Should have been a 6 episode series really. 

Also found Harlots on the iplayer. Filling the annual period drama watch after the excellent Les Miserables last year. It's not bad. 

Working my way though grand army at a good pace

Its solid yet unspectacular, feels like its all been done before, often better, it's trying to be gritty new York but rather than gangsters paradise it's kids that I consider well to do so it doesn't really work, with then modern day going to school with Instagram which I really don't ubderstand... And yet it's strangely compelling, the cast and kids do all feel believable for what they are supposed to be, doesn't feel like 27 year olds playing teenagers, what it does show of brooklyn is great and they could probably do with more 

On 04/11/2020 at 10:40, Seat68 said:

I agree, in part. So many great minor characters that make the whole series exceptional. Jean-Ralphio, Jeremy Jamm, Tammy 2,  Perd Hapley, Crazy Ira and the douche. They all keep each episode fresh. As well as Tom and Donnas relationship. 

get out GIF

Â