Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Thanks to @Seat68 I’m now watching a documentary thing about The Jam.

They just had a little clip of video and Weller has a scruffy sticker on his guitar. He gave me one of those stickers and I stuck it on my guitar. I remember it because the one he gave me was such a catchy snappy slogan: ‘animal based cancer research is a fraud’.

If you are a glutton for punishment, there is a style council documentary on the same channel tonight. Ordinarily I would give it a stab but you know, Strictly is on. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

I'm looking for a new series to watch and I think it's going to be Dark. I'm just a bit sceptical about it because a lot of reviews saying how brilliant it is say that it's also pretty much impossible to understand what's going on, and I'm struggling to see how that would make it enjoyable! Also read that it starts quite slowly - there are some more negative comments out there about it too.

I'm also waiting for the new season of Fargo to be broadcast somewhere in the UK, but I've heard it isn't quite up to the standard of the others unfortunately.

Very sadly, I'm also glad that Hell's Kitchen (USA) has returned. It's shite but an absolute guilty pleasure of mine.

Part of the brilliance of dark is it knows full well that the viewer doesn't have a scooby what's going on and it can just ride along with it, at times it plays on it, it shouldn't work but it really does, never worry about it

Fargo I watched the 1st epiosde and the opening 30 mins are really well put together and definitely has a clever quirky vide about it but it just didn't grab me and I can't explain why 

Also watched the 2nd half of the mandalorian this week, watched the first 5 episodes when they came out but walked away because I didn't think much of it but enjoyed it this time around, new episode was OK, it needs a stronger main story arc, the episode to episode new world new characters model doesn't do enough for me

And I started bly Manor, shocked at how poor the production values are buts its alright, not a patch on the first one 

• Like 1

On 30/10/2020 at 21:50, Wainy316 said:

Good start for the Mandalorian...

Reveal hidden contents

And it gave us nerds what we’ve wanted for ages, even if it teased us with a little bait and switch

I kind of saw it coming a little bit, but I still lost my absolute s**t at that final scene!!! 

Just getting round to watching that last episode of the walking dead from a few weeks ago.

I forgot how horrendous the picture and sound quality are. Has everyone else had that? It looks like it was filmed on about 1990. We have to have the volume almost at maximum to make out what they’re saying.

21 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Watched all of "Roadkill" last night.

It's not bad, but not great either.

I am watching at broadcast pace so have an episode left. Not really sure about it and as I am three quarters into it, it doesn’t bode well. 

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the second season of The Alienist - Angel of Darkness

just as good as the first season if not better as the characters develop 

hoping for a third season 

I enjoyed it too, it seemed like the Alienist actually had a minor part in it this time, focussing on the lady detective as the main character more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LancsVillan said:

We thought it got better 

Agree with Roadkill too, a bit meh

I'm finding season two of Doc Foster a bit annoying.

Smarmy hubby returns, why not just ignore him instead of continuing the contact?

13 hours ago, choffer said:

Surprised by how much I enjoyed The Queen’s Gambit. Was recommended it by a friend and presumed it totally wouldn’t be my thing but I thought it was great. 

Yeah, it's actually really good.  Like you I was suspicious about the premise, but it seems really good.  I'm only 2 episodes in though.  

3 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

In keeping with me being on the pulse TV wise, I've just started Parks and Recreation. 

Does it get better? It's sort of background noise at the moment but some of it is pretty funny. I'm halfway through series 2.

From there onwards. You have made it past Season 1. The good times are ahead. 

• Like 1

After getting bored and giving up about half through season 2 of Better Call Saul when it first aired I have decided to give it another go now that my expectations have been significantly lowered.

I have finished season 1 and am pretty much at the point where I gave up. I have enjoyed it more than my 1st viewing but still think it’s just above average at best or at least it has been so far so I am hoping it becomes the amazing show everyone thinks it is in the latter seasons. It can be painfully slow at times which is why I probably gave up in the 1st place so it helps that I can binge watch them. I do like it and won’t give up on it this time but it’s not even in the same league as Breaking Bad imo or at least it isn't for me atm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

In keeping with me being on the pulse TV wise, I've just started Parks and Recreation. 

Does it get better? It's sort of background noise at the moment but some of it is pretty funny. I'm halfway through series 2.

I'm on the final season, and the final few episodes.

I don't want it to finish ☹️

• Like 2

Â